iGuidance v4.0 without disc????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance v4.0 without disc????

How do I run the maps and iGuidance straight from the computer without it needing the disc to open?

There are several programs out there that will make it able for you to copy your dvd straight to the harddrive, and then simply map a drive for itself, to run from.
    Daemon tools is one of them...
    If you can't drive a stick... You can't drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_OD View Post
      There are several programs out there that will make it able for you to copy your dvd straight to the harddrive, and then simply map a drive for itself, to run from.
      Daemon tools is one of them...
      Ive downloaded the Daemon tools like u said, now if you can give me a quick run down of what i have to do to make this happen, would be great. Im quite unfamiliar with the emulating process.

Comment

Right click your drive and you should see a save to *.iso option. Do that. It will create a file the size of the DVD. Then take that file and right click--> mount. That will then mount it to your new "virtual drive'.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I may be wrong, but if the original poster is asking how to install iGuidance (any version) on a computer in such a way so that the program doesn't require the DVD to run, then the answer is just simply to install the program as per installation instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
            I may be wrong, but if the original poster is asking how to install iGuidance (any version) on a computer in such a way so that the program doesn't require the DVD to run, then the answer is just simply to install the program as per installation instructions.
            there is no option of the sort in the setup process

Comment

I didn't think so either... I had to have my dvd in the drive all the time, untill I found the Daemon. And it works like a charm! :-)

Follow 2K1Toaster's advice, or ... google it! :-)
              If you can't drive a stick... You can't drive!

Comment

The trick is: "...install the program as per installation instructions." While most programs don't require us to read the included instructions, iG4 does (at lease the first batch). The instructions explain that a folder (w/all its content) has to be copied from the installation DVD to your hard drive - running the installation application is not good enough.

Copy iNav iGuidance folder from the DVD to your C:\

Comment

Marvin is quite correct, part of the instructions was to copy the map data to your C: drive. If you dont do this it looks for it on the DVD. Beats mounting a DVD image
                  EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                  Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                  XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Working...
                  X