Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iG 3.0 Crashes When Driving Through Tree Shaded Areas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iG 3.0 Crashes When Driving Through Tree Shaded Areas?

I've noticed this since I upgraded to iG 3.0 over a year ago now. I didn't uninstall 2.1.3 before the upgrade, just installed 3.0 over it. Never had a single issue with 2.1.3 but for some reason 3.0 has always been iffy.

I can usually recreate it by driving through any area where there a lot of trees surrounding the road.

I am using a Holux GR-213. But as I mentioned, iG 2 worked fine.

When you look at the GPS info in IG is it losing all the satellites?
    www.computer-forums.net

Comment

Haven't checked. But would that still cause it to crash?

Comment

I'm just asking questions. I haven't had that problem. Does it give you an error? My GPS just has lots of trouble picking up signal in wooded areas but IG hasn't crashed on me yet.
        www.computer-forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKernel View Post
          I've noticed this since I upgraded to iG 3.0 over a year ago now. I didn't uninstall 2.1.3 before the upgrade, just installed 3.0 over it. Never had a single issue with 2.1.3 but for some reason 3.0 has always been iffy.

I can usually recreate it by driving through any area where there a lot of trees surrounding the road.

I am using a Holux GR-213. But as I mentioned, iG 2 worked fine.
          Mine would do that too, but only in 3d mode. I switch to 2d when it happens and it works fine until I get out of the area then I put it back. Hope this helps.
          The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
            Mine would do that too, but only in 3d mode. I switch to 2d when it happens and it works fine until I get out of the area then I put it back. Hope this helps.
            Interesting theory. I'll check next time I drive and see if that's causing it. Perhaps 4.0 might cure it?

Comment

Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
              I tried out your method and it worked. But I think that's a poor solution and not sure why iG does this in the first place. Does 4.0 fix this by any chance? I'd upgrade if it does.

Just for reference, here is my setup (it might have something to do with it, I suppose):

Holux GR-213 behind glass
              Win XP Pro stripped w/ nLite
              Latest RoadRunner w/ iDrive theme

Comment

Finally got iG 4.0 and it solved the problem and added cool new features Love how it re-routes without flashing the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKernel View Post
                  Finally got iG 4.0 and it solved the problem and added cool new features Love how it re-routes without flashing the screen.
                  Does it sill flash when it goes to the "guidance" screen? I think that's what it's called, the screen it switches to when you near a turn.

Comment

I actually turned off the guidance screen because it looks a bit tacky in the iDrive theme I use. I'll try and let you know.

Comment

GPS Receiver

Just a tip.
                      I'm in the UK and originally had my gps receiver in the left side front of my windscreen.
                      I had problems with reception in this position when there were overhangs. I moved it to the right side, and because we drive on the left, this positioned it nearer to the centre of the road.
                      In this position, the reception was significantly improved.
                      So for you.....if it's on the right side.......move it to the left
                      Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                      Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                      Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Working...
                      X