Bluetooth or wired? no idea what kind/type to get

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth or wired? no idea what kind/type to get

I've read over some of the FAQ. but i still don't know what gps to get. I e-mailed a company a few days ago, here in Canada, and they recommended the Holux GPSlim240. http://www.canadagps.com/GPSlim240spec.html Anyone have luck with this baby? I'm not really interested in taking it with me. i want to connect it and forget about it.

Will having the bluetooth cause interferece? gety 'iffy' reception? I also want something discreet I can hopefuly tuck away somewhere.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers

Get wired.
    Far less hassles.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. What do you think of this model? Holux GR-213 USB SiRF Star III Waterproof GPS.

http://www.canadagps.com/mousegpsgr213usb.html

Are there any gps models that can be powered via a usb? The above Holux model is powered via the car power plug.

Comment

I have used both Bluetooth and wired GPS. You will be happier with wired. The BU-353 is very popular.
        ~Jimmy

Comment

sounds like wired is right for you.
          let us know what you decide and how its working out.
          ~0okami.Digital

Comment

Wired for sure..... my system wont go into standby using the bluetooth.... keeps locking it up.

I plan to switch it when I can afford the cord for it. I am really happy with the Holux GPSlim 236. Works as both BT and Wired
            'Burb-puter - worklog

Comment

unless you like to move the GPS around from vehicle to vehicle, wired is the way to go.
              CarPC status:

[XXXXXXXXXX] 100% Complete
              [XXXXXXXXXX] 100% Installed
              [XXXXXXXXXX] 100% Software

CarPC v1.2 is now in effect. Software updates and hardware additions to come.

Comment

go wired
                i use the ayay sir ti-gps and get 8-10 satellite routinely with fast locks, all while its placed INSIDE my dash and out of sight

Comment

Working...
                X