How to get cf gps receiver to work in car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get cf gps receiver to work in car

Hello all I will get straight to the skinny I have a holux gr-271 compact flash gps receiver, my cpu set up is this http://store.mo-co-so.com/complete-c...c7-cpu-p-5.htm
    I really dont want to spend more $$$$ on a gps receiver when I already have one so what i am asking is there a way to hook this in to a usb slot I thought of using a cf card adapter but not sure if that will send a signal through the usb port can this be done. thanx to all that answer.

Most CF accessories other than flash memory were made for Pocket PC's. Usually there aren't any drivers for windowsXP for these types of devices. It isn't likely that you will get it to work. You should check the CF card manufacturer's web site to see what drivers are available.
    ~Jimmy

Comment

thanx for the input jimmyfitz the cf gps card that i have does come with winxp drivers so thats not a problem.

Comment

Your next hurdle then is finding a CF adapter that is designed to do more than just read flash memory cards. The common adapters go from IDE-->CF, SATA-->CF, and USB-->CF. Good luck and let us know what you find that works.
        ~Jimmy

Comment

I sure will I am waiting for an email back from the manufacturer of my receiver as soon as I know I will let the forums know its only common courteously someone else may neen the info thanx to all.

Comment

Working...
          X