HELP!!!!!! Earthmate LT-20 with microsoft mappoint/streetdeck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!! Earthmate LT-20 with microsoft mappoint/streetdeck

I am trying to use my Earthmate GPS LT-20 for streetdeck. i downloaded the third party software from delorme and the unit locks onto satellites and has a very good connection. when i try to set up mappoint to use the information obtained by this GPS reciever it says the COM port is available but no GPS info is being recieved. i have both set to the same COM port so thats not the problem. the unit is NMEA 2.0 compatible also. has anyone been successful in using a DeLorme GPS product with streetdeck or mappoint?

Is your DeLorme unit outputting NMEA data?
    If it is not, you need to make that hapen for SD to do anything with it
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

yea it says it is outputting NMEA data, thats what i dont understand

Comment

Check that the baud rate is correct

Comment

any suggestion on how to go about checking the baud rate? and what should it be set to once i find it? thank you

Comment

Most GPS are set to 4800,N,8,1.
            That's what my BU353 uses and operates flawlessly, however I would consult the manual for your Earthmate.

You need to set the COM port speed in the Device Manager. Set the COM port in the Nav preferences within StreetDeck.

Also, how did you verify the NMEA senteces output by your Earthmate?
            You say that you know it's outputting NMEA, but how did you determine this?
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by RobPfis07 View Post
              ... it says the COM port is available but no GPS info is being recieved ...
              It is quite possible your setup is configured just fine, but the GPS receiver hasn't yet acquired a good satellite fix because you are indoor. Take it outside, give it several minutes to start working, etc ...

Comment

thank you all. i know that it is outputting NMEA because my GPS came with a small program to view the information. i set the output to NMEA. also, it has a little annoying light on it, but it is also very helpful. i have a lock, but Streetdeck/mappoint wont read the info. i will try what you said about going into device manager and all that. thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
                X