trouble with iguidance 3.0 and gu353 gps receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with iguidance 3.0 and gu353 gps receiver

Ok so I just recently installed my carpc. I previously hooked up the carpc in my room with the GPS receiver hooked up and it found my house and everything.

Well I hook it up to my carpc in my car and now it can't find the signal. I have tried to locate it right on my dash, on the moon roof, most visible signal places and no finding.

Anyone know how to get this working? Is there a setting I have to set or something?

I just got mine working running just IG by itself. Make sure you have the GPS port set right in IG and keep the baud rate at 4800. Now, If I can only get it to run like this in RR/
    Mike

My Rides:
    '03 Vibe GT!

My AED GA!

Comment

Where do I go to get to the GPS settings, and how am I supposed to figure out the GPS port? Where do I import the baud rate at??

Comment

iGuidance does it automatically. Select Auto from the GPS drop down menu up top. It will autoscan (like 30sec to 2min depedning on what all you have connected) and will say "found gps on COM # using 4800 and blah blah. Do this outside of RoadRunner, and then file-->exit then open it up embedded in RR. If you do this while embedded in RR, nothing will save.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

holy cow, I just realized something. I have the resolution too high or something because when it is connected on the touchscreen in my car, it doesn't even show the file|tools|view menu. It just shows under that. Should I just lower or heighten the resolution in order to see it?

Comment

you have it backwards.

If your screen is too small, your resolution is too low. Increase the resolution. And you arent in full screen mode are you? Does it actually go out of the screen area, or is there just nothing around it showing but you can still see viewable lcd around the window?
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Any idea on how to get it to work in RR like it does running itself?
              Mike

My Rides:
              '03 Vibe GT!

My AED GA!

Comment

Yea, I just have to adjust the screen so it shows the file menu.

Comment

Originally posted by PontiacGA View Post
                  Any idea on how to get it to work in RR like it does running itself?
                  Update: Read how to fix this problem. Needed Xport com port splitter.
                  Mike

My Rides:
                  '03 Vibe GT!

My AED GA!

Comment

Comment

I got the gps working. Drove around with it today for a little bit to test it out. It was nice. It also worked in road runner too which was a huge relief, seeing as all the problems I have been having.

Comment

Working...
                      X