Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Iguidance v4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Issue with Iguidance v4

    I have a Earthmate LT-20 GPS receiver with the serial port emulator.

    I am have issues using Iguidance it takes about 30mins+ to connect for a gps signal. When it does connect, it runs great.

    And for some reason I also have Street Atlas and I can connect instantly.

    Anyone have any ideas?

  • #2
    anyone?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mcr View Post
      I have a Earthmate LT-20 GPS receiver with the serial port emulator.

      I am have issues using Iguidance it takes about 30mins+ to connect for a gps signal. When it does connect, it runs great.

      And for some reason I also have Street Atlas and I can connect instantly.

      Anyone have any ideas?
      Are you using the same com port in your front end and in iguidance?
      Those need to be different. I had them the same and it wouldn't connect.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by maximapwr View Post
        Are you using the same com port in your front end and in iguidance?
        Those need to be different. I had them the same and it wouldn't connect.

        what you mean by different port the front end? If i open IGuidance with or without the front end . the same program is opening so it would have to be the same. unless you know of somethin different.

        Comment


        • #5
          try changing the location of your gps mount. also are you going into hibernate or standby or full shutdown in between? you may have a crappy gps receiver or you just put it in a bad spot.

          edit: just reread your post and noticed it worked fine in another program. try downloading xport and make a new port that is only used in iguidance and try it out.

          Comment


          • #6
            i just got iGuidance 4 and i am having similar problems...
            Check these settings:
            -Device Manager
            -make sure that the comport baud rate is the same as the ig baud rate (for the record i havent got ig to work w/ any baud rate other than 4800)
            -get a virtual comport splitter and set those settings the same as the windows device manager; xport has seemed to work fine for me and when you use it let the virtual port splitter detect the comport and then set you output(s); sometimes having more than one virtual outs can be helpful
            -IG let ig4 "auto-detect" the gps port; sometimes it wont work if you have the ig baud rate set to something other that your device manager baud rate and another helpful thing to do is set the comport manually in ig4 and then let it auto detect and if you set everything correctly it should detect more than one gps comport receiver.
            -USB hub
            -i found that even if i had all of the above settings set correctly from a cold start my ig4 would take a long time to get a satlock/or would not get one at all until i reset all the settings; very impractical. So i tried a number of different methods;
            1) isolating all other usb devices on a hub and having ig plugged directly to my machine
            2) vice-versa from above
            3) no other usb devices connected
            4) etc
            and i found what worked best was having all USB devices plugged into a $9 usb 4-port hub and connecting that to my machine. Then the mouse seemed to connect very quickly from a cold start as long as the red light was blinking.

            I do believe that this is not a problem with ig4 per-say but more of an issue with the gps mouse. I am using a GlobalSat BR355 w/ ig4 and i have had a plethora of problems getting it to work with pc's; both my laptop and carpc. With my laptop (brand new HP Pavilion dv6000 w/ turion x2 & vista) the mouse will only work in one usb port (comport 4) and w/ the carpc it works great thru the hub but not very well at all on any other ports. I will update this post b/c my mouse has stopped working (i've had it for less than 2 weeks) and now it doesn't blink so i am trying to get a new one. Another thought that i had was that maybe updating the drivers or letting windows automatically install the drivers might be a viable option... Haven't got to test those out yet but i hope that this might help you out a bit and if i find anything else out i'll update

            Comment

            Working...
            X