car powered gps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car powered gps

i recently bought a blackberry pearl, alright phone and i plan to use google earth to get places when i need directions. one cool thing is that it includes functionality for bluetooth gps and i was just wondering what gps unit is bluetooth capable and can be hidden somewhere around the car and powered by the cars 12v power supply?
    2008 Civic... Sound system... then carputer install...
    WORK IN PROGRESS

If you look at my avatar closely, you can see a chick with two big knockers....

I use this when I'm out and about (not in my car). It plugs into usb (for charging) and mine came with a 12V-usb converter.
    pharosgps-PT120
    I know it works with windows mobile, but I'm not sure about RIM stuff.
    It's been a while...

Comment

thanks!
      it should work with my phone since its bluetooth enabled and thats an industry standard.

waiting a month or two to buy a new car to start setting up a carputer, finally.
      2008 Civic... Sound system... then carputer install...
      WORK IN PROGRESS

If you look at my avatar closely, you can see a chick with two big knockers....

Comment

Be aware that bluetooth functionality from many phones & PDAs is limited to audio devices like headsets and car kits.
        Before you drop the money for a BT GPS unit, I'd verify with RIM that a BT GPS will work with your Blackberry.

Good luck.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
        X