X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searchable map without GPS

Hi Guys,
    I am really sorry if this has been discussed before,
    but everytime I search I always end up reading a GPS tutorial..

Now what I would like to have is just like google.map online
    where you can type in address, and it will show you the address, without global positioning...

what would be the best software for this?
    I can only find ms trips and street program. there must be other software out there?

I read about google.earth caching, but it is not very clear how to dowload the map

any pointers would be great.. thank you

with google earth, just download the program (the free version in this case) and configure it so that you cache the full 2GB you alloted (MAX). for the downloading of the maps, you just have to move around the map in google maps until your cache is full...once that cache is full, you have your 2GB's worth of maps...

hope that helps...
    Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
    Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
    Subwoofer: removed
    Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
    Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
    Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

The download method is not very convenience , do you have other suggestion?

thank you

Comment

the download method isnt very convienient? all you need is an internet connection for about 5 minutes to get all the areas you need (hopefully within 5 minutes)...you dont just have to click and drag, but you can go and put in the adress you need to when you have an internet connection and it will automatically populate your cache with the map it shows on the screen...it doesnt get much easier than that...

Google Earth is just a GIS system, unless you want to download hundreds of gigs of maps and create your own server for you to grab maps from, this is the easiest method...
        Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
        Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
        Subwoofer: removed
        Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
        Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
        Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

sorry doesn't mean to be a lazy
          I mean , if I want to get like vancouver map..
          I will need to drag to many places I assume ? (with reasonable zoom)

Comment

Streets and Trips or Microsoft Mappoint are probably your best options as they are route planning software more than navigation software.

Comment

Working...
            X