Note it includes MSN Direct.....

http://www.msndirect.com/NavigationD...x?tab=Overview

That leaves me with some questions:

1. does the antenna work with xport?
    2. does it work with any frontends?
    3. How good is it in general?

Thanks for the input....

Nasa

I haven't used the 2008 version. I have 2006, and I am pretty disappointed in it for car pc use because of the interface. I'd be interested to know if it has an activeX control version available.
    My car PC page, with pictures

Comment

There's a RR skin add-on for Streets and Trips. I've been using it since Trips 2006. It should work for 2008 unless they changed the interface.

Comment

I use Iguidance 4 in the car, but I prefer S&t for route planning.

I've used 2008, seems fine, pretty much like the previous versions with a few new features and updated maps.

The GPS puck should work fine with export as all xport does is split the port into a couple virtual ports. Remember, I said should............

I don't think any of the current skins or FE support S&T by default due to the interface issues mentioned above. You can embed it and it will work fine, I have before but switched to IG 4 for the 3d view.
        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

If interested, there is a mini-contest going on right now at - you may win one of two MS Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services (the version which includes the program, the GPS receiver, and the MSN Direct traffic receiver). Here's the link.

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

What I really was wondering is if MSN Direct works well with any of the frontends? Since S&T 2008 includes that for a year, it looks rather attractive....

Nasa

Comment

To my knowledge, none of the front-ends can make use of MSN Direct right now. Is there a sdk available? If so, I'm sure a plug-in could be written.
              My car PC page, with pictures

Comment

Working...
              X