xport + AyAy Sir crash problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xport + AyAy Sir crash problem.

I just installed my old AyAy Sir gps into my new setup. At first i keep getting BSOD, then installed the latest xport and now xport keep crashing on its own. I know this setup works fine with older version of xport.
    Anyone know how to fix this? or have a copy of old version of xport? something like 1.13 would probably do.
    Thanks.

I run this setup in my truck with no issues. I can send you the files. Where would you like them sent.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

same error

I'm getting the same error with xport3. It brings up the microsoft error, send or don't send and I click don't send then the program ends.

Comment

Oh my bad. I recently rewrote a lot of code and guess I didn't test it too well. It was crashing if you have the log turned off. I just updated it on my site. Sorry about that.

Comment

ohhh! sweet, thanks for the quick update.
          quick question for you curiosity. whats the difference between sync/async for xport?
          thanks fixer, i'll try the newer version first, and i'll get back to you if it doesnt go too well.

Comment

Those are just two different methods of reading from the COM port. Async is the old way, which is faster but could be the reason it has trouble with some GPS drivers. It's more difficult to implement. Sync just polls for bytes and reads them on a 100ms interval. I'm hoping that I get some feedback someday if one doesn't work with some odd GPS out there, but really they should both work.

Comment

xport

Okay so I redownloaded xport, then I opened it up and noticed that the three virtual ports I enabled previously are not listed. So I choose three other ports, 2,3, and 10 and click enable. When I go into road runner and click gps, it says waiting for signal and never connects. But when I go back into xport and unclick the enable ports, gps works fine in rr. What gives?

Comment

Ooh that's bad. The ports that aren't listed weren't put back in the free list. Hit Scan. I don't know about RR working when you unclick enable ports. Maybe it got inverted somehow, but I haven't seen that happen.

Comment

version 1.20 worked flawlessly, but i noticed it took a lot longer to lock-on to sattelite.
                  Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Comment

My Ayay Sir gps and x port takes longer to lock than on my laptop, but its not out of hand. maybe 1-2 minutes. Im not sure whether im using xport 1.2, or older. Its the one that came with DFX skin. I think its 1.16 ?
                    Car Pc progress meter:
                    [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
                    My worklog

Comment

yeah, i remembered on my old setup with xport 1.3 it locked on in about 30 secs, as supposed to 1 - 2min on my new setup + xport 1.21.
                      I might download an older version again and see how that goes.

Comment

Oh sorry. The new xport limits the reception to 1 or 2 satellites. Just kidding. XPort and navigation programs don't control the GPS receiver. The software is simply reading data from it. The signal strength is dependant on placement of the antenna and cannot be controlled, adjusted, boosted, or hindered by any software means.

Comment

haha. But anyway, its still strange. I'll try the old version and see if theres any difference.
                          It just sucks to wait for the lockon before you can use it.

Comment

Hey i'm using Version 1.25 and I get a crash in xport.exe when it starts. I have xport.exe in my startup group. I just rebuilt my carcomputer and i'm not sure what version i had before the reformat. could it be related to any of the problems mentioned in this thread??

thanks!
                            Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

unlikely, all my problem solved with this latest version, especially the video sync feature!

Comment

Working...
                              X