Dunbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunbar

I'm working on a project that isn't exactly car-computer stuff, but may be of interest to people on this forum; it may even have a place in a car at some point. The project is called Dunbar and is a program for mobile devices (right now, Windows Mobile devices) that works like a social networking/chat program, but location-based. The program gets your location from a GPS receiver or uses cell phone tower data. It then shows your 'buddy list' by showing everyone's distance from you and shows their location on a map. The program requires a dataplan or some kind of connection to the internet, but the program takes care of the rest! It's free of course, and is in development, but there is a full working version, and web site to accompany the program. Check it out here:

http://www.warnockinc.com/Dunbar/

If you are interested in the program or helping w/ development, there is also a Google Groups page to discuss the project.

Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Similar to mologogo?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Similar, cept you don't need a GPS-enabled phone for mine. It uses the database of cell phone towers.
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Working...
      X