Igo 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igo 2008

Does someone have Igo 2008 on his Carpc running?
    And integrated in Centrafuse?
    It's not clear to me if you guys talking about igo 2006 or 2008.

Please let me know.

You can use the program IGOZoomer to embed IGO8 in centrafuse or RR. It works, but it is still in development.

Comment

I've had iGO8 running in my truck since January. Embedded in both FreeICE and RR.
      "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Comment

1.0.9 Beta

Does anyone have a copy of iGoZoomer 1.0.9 BETA, the website has been down the past two days...

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/files/10797789...l_108.exe.html
          1.0.9 BETA
          http://rapidshare.com/files/10797793...9BETA.exe.html

Comment

Originally posted by Spawn12336 View Post
            I've had iGO8 running in my truck since January. Embedded in both FreeICE and RR.
            Is it worth getting? Im using FreeICE as well, and lost all my maps due to a HDD mech failure. Ive been looking for a replacement to my IG4.

any insight you can give as to how well it works would be great.

Thanks

EDIT: noticed that iGO8 may only be for Europe...if this is true, also let me know. Thanks.
            Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
            Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
            Subwoofer: removed
            Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
            Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
            Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

Great App

I love it and its definitely worth a try...

Find this one though the skin is far superior IMHO.

NavNGo_iGO8_PC_twingos_v2.zip
              48339 KB

Comment

what about the focus problem? is there a solution yet that igo is keeping moving maps when not in focus?

other question. is it possible that speedcam pop up regardless if igo is visible or any other menu in rr or other frontend. this is very important to me. don't want the navi always in front just for radar warnings.

Comment

Is iGozoomer the app? How to use it with iGo8 map?

Comment

igozoomer allows you options of launching the igo app in fullscreen or resized or without borders, etc...

His sites back up
                    http://www.cybersuricate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rijndael View Post
                      Is it worth getting? Im using FreeICE as well, and lost all my maps due to a HDD mech failure. Ive been looking for a replacement to my IG4.

any insight you can give as to how well it works would be great.

Thanks

EDIT: noticed that iGO8 may only be for Europe...if this is true, also let me know. Thanks.
                      Right, I found out about iGO when I was home for Christmas, played with it for about a few weeks on the laptop, and deployed it to the carPC in the middle of Feb. I've long since tossed my IG4 install discs as there is no way in hades I would ever go back now that I have been spoiled with iGO.

Interface is similar to IG in that you can grab and drag the map, big difference is that you can also do it in 3d mode! Drawback, you can't click on a POI icon on the map to get the info.

The best part about the interface is that when you are searching an address, the program constantly filters the list for you based on what you have entered. This means that more often than not, you don't have to enter an entire street name. You can also search for POI's around specific points.

As far as program looks and appeal, definitely one of the best looking maps going. The framerate is exceptionally smooth and fluid, although it can be a bit of a cpu hog on low powered pc's (mine is a 2.4 ghz).

As for the North American Maps, they are out there. I live in Canada and have all of NA installed with 3d topography and buildings, at roughly the same footprint as IG4. I'm sure that once the app is officially released these will be more available(although only on PDA, the pc version is a demo and runs as an emulator. Do not ask me where to get it as that violates the rules here).

As for the focus issue, it is easily solvable in RR by adding some code to the buttons, and I have been working with CDRSkull on doing the same in FreeICE. I am currently running FI 1.8 dual screen in my truck modified to be iGO friendly. Currently working on 1.9 dual screen skin and incorporating the same.
                      "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Comment

Help

HELP ..everybody is talking about IGO for CARPC but i can;t find the damn program anyware...plz help me with some links Romania map and IGO 2008 for pc ..thx

Comment

Best for IGo8 for PC I think it is:
                          http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/s...=8795&page=112
                          you will find there and links for maps. Trebuie sa te inregistrezi!

Comment

i just discovered iGo yesterday.. and can already say i'll never use ig4 again. It runs great on my little valley board embedded in RR . I only wish there was a way i could adjust the program so that the direction of travel stays north.
                            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Good to hear you like it!

I leave it in 3d mode and i'm always driving up the screen, is that what you mean?
                              Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X