Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Setting Up Xport Please!

Hello All,

I been searching and found alot on how I need to split my port to use my GPS with more then one program. I have rr and I am running DFX skin 3.0v, I have Iguidance 4.0 and what I been trying to do is just this.

When I go into DFX and click on my GPS button, takes me right to it, then I put in my destination and click the NAV button and the GPS does the rest!

However their is a button called "gas prices" and when I click it takes me to the neariest gas stations in my area also giving me the option to MAP IT. But when I click on the MAP IT the GPS is now suppose to NAV me right to that gas station but instead I get an error saying can't find location or something like that.

Here is the catcher, I know that this xport splitter is to be configured one port to rr and the other to DFX. Once this is done correctly, I been told and also read that I should then be able to click the MAP IT button and be NAV to my neariest gas station. I just don't know how to point them to two different ports.

PLEASE help me out here all I need is for someone to dumb it down for me, if you have a link or even pictures on how to config these two ports, that would be awesome!!!!!

Thanks Phil

You just set the input port, set which ports you want to output, and click "enable" XPort will auto start on startup too.

Then in your GPS program tell it what port you want to use. In RR tell it the other port to use. Restart both, and it works.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

ok i got that much however how do i know what port rr is on? thats where i am getting confussed. sorry to sound dumb I just don't understand clearly i guess. So where do i find out what port rr is running on? and where do i find where IG is running on?

Thanks

Comment

Open RRConfig, in GPS section that is where the port is as it always has been.

Open iG (outside of RR), and in one of the dropdowns there is a GPS section, choose the port as it has always been.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Ok cool thanks, however I just did that and i keep getting the same error. Could it be that I might need to download John's patch? If so I have downloaded it, but when I go to install it, that also gives me an error. I know I am probably being a pain in the *** lol i am very sorry, i just don't know how to correct this. Thank you for your patients and help.

Would a screen shot of the error help you any better?

Phil

Comment

I have attached my error that keeps coming up after I click on the MAP IT in gas prices screen. THANK YOU.

Phil
            Attached Files

Comment

Things that you need to use map it.

1. GPS working correctly (ports)
              2. Johns 3.0 or 4.0 iG patch (adds gps coods back into iG)
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Talking with BlueZX, I think I may have narrowed it down. Make sure you have the exec.exe file in the Root Road Runner folder. This is needed for the script to work. This is included with the Road Runner install, so it should be there. It's possible you did a custom install, and its not where it should be.
                Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thanks Guys, Hey Bluezx,

I have the exec.exe file in my root file like john asked me to make sure i had. I also tried to dowload and install the patch. but i keep getting an error. Do i install this by doubling clicking on it, or do i move it to a file folder in the root of rr? Not sure why I keep getting this error when i try to install the patch. I kinda thought that might of been the problem wasn't 100% sure thought.

Again many thanks for the help these last past weeks.

Phil

Comment

Patch Error

Here is the error i am getting with the patch from Johns download.
                    Attached Files

Comment

All you need to do with johns patch is to replace your current iGuidanceUMPC.exe in the ..\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\ folder.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                      RRMedia
                      RRExtended
                      DFXVoice

Comment

You're trying to run the patched exe from your road runner folder. Like Blue said, just put it in your iG folder, replacing to old one

Comment

Hey Guys,

Here is what I did so far with all your tips.

I downloaded the new 4.0 patch from John's site

I then unzipped it in a new file folder on my desktop

Then I open the IG dir file and deleted the original icon.

Then I dragged the new one into the IG Dirtory file.

Now I have takeing a slide over to the xport splitter and confirmed that it found my port, it did, port 2. Then I chose two differnt ports under 9 to use with both my RR AND IG.

RR is set to port 3
                          and IG is set port 4

Now once all this was done i click on enable ports and closed it and it was down by the clock running in the background.

I then restarted the entire PC and check to make sure all ports were still set. and yes they are.

So I open up DFX and click on GPS and then clicked on Gas Prices and as luck would have it, I get an ERROR. Same error as above!!!!

So as you can see I have done everything I was told and I am still hitting a wall! Can anyone think of something I might be missing here? Any kind of tips would be great!

Thanks again guys!

Phil

Comment

do you have a gas folder in your rr folder? Its just for all the gas images, but just trying to think of anything else you might be missing..

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                            RRMedia
                            RRExtended
                            DFXVoice

Comment

Want to come over and have a look since you live here in Chicago as well? lol Yeah I just check I do have a folder in RR for gas. I am just bugging dude! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my GPS weather Icon isn't working either? What do you think?

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X