Garmin Mobile PC shipping yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Mobile PC shipping yet?

I've been sniffing around to get a copy and no one seems to have it available yet. Anyone got the skinny on this...or better yet have a working copy an a review for us?

Sounds like it will be a quality bit of kit for $99 (likely less) if they would ever get around to actually shipping the damn thing.

Brian

looks like its popping up in a few places, showing as in stock, but not enough yet that I trust it, still no review by Marvin over at Laptop GPS World

Price will be nice.
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

My last e-mail from Garmin was received at the time they were too busy with CES 2008. That was the last time I heard from them regarding Garmin Mobile PC. I though it was to be released April 1, but I guess not. I don't have a copy myself, but I'm eager to get my hands on it.

Comment

I went to ebay and found a vendor that had it in stock it should be here either tomorrow or monday as soon as I receive it I will try my best to give a review.

Comment

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?...484&pvID=14861

There will be a Europe version!

Comment

BIGGKATT01, that sounds promising! I still cannot find any place on the web that I would trust they have it in stock.

d0tech, good news! Yes, I see a new SKU added on the page. There is still no MSRP, but it will likely be similar to the NA version.

Comment

I was hoping that it would have been in the mail today but nill they sent me a tracking number but its a us postal service tracking number so you know its worth almost nothing. just got an email from the vendor I purchased it from and they said it should be here by monday so hopefully I should be able to tell everyone something by then. sorry guys

Comment

I'm interested in this too. Curious to know how well it works compared to their popular touchscreen nav unit.
                perk03z06
                --------------------------
                Windows XP PC
                InTruckPC
                P4 3.0 GHz Hyperthread CPU, 1Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW, Centrafuse XLE 1.47, 7" Xenarc, GPS, EV-DO via Samsung i730 ... more coming!

Comment

BIGGKATT01, I just searched eBay for Garmin Mobile PC, but 0 (zero) items found . You sure the right product is being shipped?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
                    BIGGKATT01, I just searched eBay for Garmin Mobile PC, but 0 (zero) items found . You sure the right product is being shipped?

be aware that Garmin did bring a PC version GPS program ages ago, that is like a 1995 version of auto route express
                    CarPuter Progress:
                    Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
                    Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
                    Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
                    Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
                    Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

Comment

mine just shipped from tigergps. waiting impatiently for it.
                      CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

I spoke with tigergps on Thursday because they are in NYC across town from where I work and wanted to pick it up. The guy on the phone couldn't find it on their system, then after looking around had an "Ahh-haa moment" and said he hoped to receive them next week.

Comment

i was on pre-order for yonks. they just shipped out to the peeps on pre-order.
                          CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

i just check tigergps website. it's now listed as in stock
                            http://www.tigergps.com/garminmobilepcdvd.html

Comment

Yes Marvin Hlavac its the right productg the vendor I purchased it from only had five in stock and from the time I did my buy it now purchase on ebay and it got to the confirm bid screen there were only 3 left so when I purchased mine they only had 2 left when I went back on to get one for my sister they had sold them all. here is the link to my purchase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Comment

Working...
                              X