fair price for CoPilot 2003 package

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair price for CoPilot 2003 package

what would you guys say a fair price for a brand new CoPilot 2003 software and receiver would be? Everyone who read this thread please respond. The more input the better. I've seen alot of sites selling it for 369+shipping. Are there any other sites selling it in 325 range?
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

I bought mine off Ebay for $100 (2002), then bought the update for $100. (2003)

Sold the Serial GPS unit for $100 and bought a Garmin 35 USB GPS.
    2004 F350 Ext. Cab
    System not reinstalled in it yet

Comment

a friend "loaned" me my 2003, and I use Rand Mcnally reciever for 65 buck.....sweet
      BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon747
        I bought mine off Ebay for $100 (2002), then bought the update for $100. (2003)

Sold the Serial GPS unit for $100 and bought a Garmin 35 USB GPS.
        How did you get your Garmin to work with copilot? I have the Garmin GPS16 and mine doesnt work with Copilot.
        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Well, I have not yet. The GPS is still in the mail, but there are a couple messages about it here.
          You need to change the settings on the GPS to output less data.

Everything should work fine except the Singal indicator on Co-Pilot will always be red.

I hope mine will be here in a day or so, and I will let you know how it goes.

Jeremy
          2004 F350 Ext. Cab

Comment

I've tried a few outputs that someone had suggested and it doesnt work. On mine, once the tracking and logging turns red, the GPS stop sending signal. The Keyspan has a port in use LED. Once the Copilot's tracking and logging turn red, the GPS in use LED turns off. If you have a Copilot receiver, I'd buy it. If you havent seen this thread, here.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=11778

Comment

Well, I am going to be ****ed if I can not get my new 35 to work, The Co-Pilot GPS is big and ugly. I can not hide it in the dash cause it looses the singal.

I will let you know if I get it to work
              2004 F350 Ext. Cab

Comment

How accurate is the Copilot GPS unit?

Comment

It is good for about within a 100' or so. It sometimes thinks you are on the next street over. But that could be a co-pilot software problem, not a GPS problem.

It works very good as a GPS, it is just not conducive to a clean install.
                  2004 F350 Ext. Cab

Comment

Can you use the copilot GPS receiver with anyother GPS software?

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon747
                      It is good for about within a 100' or so. It sometimes thinks you are on the next street over. But that could be a co-pilot software problem, not a GPS problem.

It works very good as a GPS, it is just not conducive to a clean install.
                      i think it's a map issue... because i get it some places all the time and others never... so ... i think their maps need a little refinement here and there.
                      Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
                      Mods: Yep
                      Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

CoPilot 2003 software = CDR disks?!?!?!

I just got my Copilot 2003 package brand new in the box never been opened. Up on opening the package, the software was on 2 CDR disks. Is this suppose to be like that? I dont think any reputable software company would sell softwares on CDR disks. Please let me know asap. Thanks guys

Comment

Yea, mine came the same way. I was a bit surprised as well.

So how do you like it? Is the GPS the same white Hockey puck that as CP 2002?
                          2004 F350 Ext. Cab

Comment

I feel a lot better now. I did a search on ebay on the software. THe picture looks exactly the same as mine. I searched for help section regarding CDR disks. This is what's ebay policy on CDR disks.

http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC...uerystring=cdr

"The software company sells the software on CD-R on eBay to Jack. This is permissible because the software company is the copyright owner of the software. Jack now wants to resell the software on CD-R on eBay. The software on CD-R is "lawful software," but Jack (or anyone other than the software company) is not permitted to list this item on eBay."

I can't believe Travroute went to all that trouble to keep their software exclusive. First they made the software to work only with their GPS (Rand Mcnally works too) Then they dont sell just the software. Then they made it so that once you bought the package, you can't make a copy for yourself and sell the original. I gotta give them credit but then again I'm pretty ****ed off about that.
                            And yes, the receiver is a white hockey puck. Its A LOT smaller than my Garmin 16GPS though, about half the size. I'll install it tonight and try it out. Hopefully it'll receive some signal for the software to work.

Comment

Working...
                            X