Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB GPS on eBay - Does it work with Co-Pilot ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB GPS on eBay - Does it work with Co-Pilot ?

I saw these USB GPS receivers on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1942964232

Has anyone tried this with Co-Pilot 2002?
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

I can't help you right now, but I have that exact GPS and I just got copilot. I might get around to hooking it up tomorrow though.

Comment

Do try it and post results.

Thanks.

I got serial ports all taken up. I wanna free some.
      SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
      GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=11451

no it doesn't work
        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

O well, Thanks.
          GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

oh no no no... don't give up yet. One time I connected this gps to my laptop and was running Copilot (albeit 2002) and it DID in fact recognize it. About half a second later I had to slam on the brakes and the laptop flew off the seat, and among other things ejected the cd and broke off the tray. Since CP was running off the CD I never attempted it again, but I'll try it tonight again.

On another note if anyone has a slimline DVD ROM they'd like to sell for cheap... well you know

Comment

Didn't work for me. Tried several times, many different computers. CoPilot never recognized it. I did email Deluo, and they told me that if it did recognize, CoPilot would die after a few minutes with a "Incompatable GPS Receiver error"

Comment

That is very possible. I hit the brakes and had a flying laptop error before it had too long to run.

I still have not yet hooked it up to try again. I just walked in the door and after 15 hours @ work I'm going to go have a beer and go to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Okay here's the skinny on CoPilot and the Deluo GPS. I hooked it up today (just sorta got everything installed) and copilot ran beautifully off of COM 4... for a little while. Then the "CoPilot only works with the CoPilot reciever" message came over and CoPilot stopped tracking. I've read elsewhere that some GPS receivers (and looks like this one too) put out too much info for it. I wonder if there is a way to fix this with the Deluo.

Anyone?

Comment

You need the configuration software for the GPS receiver to set it so that it only sends GPGGA, GPGSA, GPRMC and GPGSV. Even with that it still might not work. Copilot looks for a stream of data from those signals. If it doesnt receive those data, copilot gives the error and stop working. I get my Garmin GPS16 to send only those signals and it still doesnt work. I gave up and bought Copilot 2003.

Originally posted by ddt
                    Okay here's the skinny on CoPilot and the Deluo GPS. I hooked it up today (just sorta got everything installed) and copilot ran beautifully off of COM 4... for a little while. Then the "CoPilot only works with the CoPilot reciever" message came over and CoPilot stopped tracking. I've read elsewhere that some GPS receivers (and looks like this one too) put out too much info for it. I wonder if there is a way to fix this with the Deluo.

Anyone?
                    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Damn...why you guys not just purchase the Rand McNally that is always appearing on e-bay? I picked mine up for $50 and it works with co-pilot 2003 like a champ.

Comment

Matty,

Serial or USB? I have the Serial version going with Co-Pilot 2002 but I want to free up a serial port.

-Leslie
                        GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

oooh...serial I have.

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
                            Matty,

Serial or USB? I have the Serial version going with Co-Pilot 2002 but I want to free up a serial port.

-Leslie
                            Copilot software only works with serial GPS receiver. The USB version of the copilot GPS receiver is a USB to serial converter. Some how it's a USB to HID then to serial. I think thats why a lot of people have problems with Windows seeing the GPS receiver as a serial mouse.

Comment

The Deluo GPS comes with a "usb to serial bridge." It's a driver so the conversion is completley software driven. I wonder if this would aleviate some problems others are having with xp/serial gps's.

Comment

Working...
                              X