Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS for the UK

Hello All,

currently using Freedrive (with destinator) with Roadrunner on my carpc, was wandering if there is any other GPS software out their that I can use in the UK. There seems to be plenty of stuff available for the US market, but not much for the UK.

I heard that Tom Tom were releasing a win xp compatible version of their software, any truth in this rumour?

amk136

I use Sygic drive in the uk its great as built in lane guidance for all uk motorways and it even tells you whats road to turn to

eg

Normal sat nave "Turn left / take next left

Sygic: "turn left onto A6347"

Its very easy to use and supports TMC

hope this helps, check out http://www.digital-car.co.uk as thats the uk carputer site

Comment

Most likely just a rumour, but it would be nice if it was true.

I'm not in the UK, but I think Sygic Drive and Directions PC Navigator may be two of several popular choices there. Hmm, add to it Garmin Mobile PC, too.

Comment

on 28th aug Tom Tom was going to release new x40 LIVE SatNav Range at IFA (540 / 740 / 940).The new 540, 740 and 940 connected devices provide dynamic routing taking into account current road conditions. Each one uses TomTom's HD Traffic service as well as a new, updated IQ-Routes.Voice Control has also been updated with over 100 tasks now voice-activated.
        Mario kart wii

Comment

i use garmin mobile pc and used to use igo8. In order of best i'd say

1. Garmin Mobile PC
          2. Igo 8 (spawn's version)
          3. Sygic.

only thing gmpc lacks is an on screen keyboard
          The epitome of Function over form and is probably the best Car PC in Europe.
          Visit my Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by nrgizerbunny View Post
            i use garmin mobile pc and used to use igo8. In order of best i'd say

1. Garmin Mobile PC
            2. Igo 8 (spawn's version)
            3. Sygic.

only thing gmpc lacks is an on screen keyboard

Why do you prefer GMPC over the other two?

Comment

Working...
            X