Copilot Voice Guidance SUCKS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copilot Voice Guidance SUCKS

I just checked out the Kenwood GPS nav at work and its great. The closest thing for computer GPS nav is the Copilot which I think is almost as good but it lacks one thing. The Kenwood nav's voice guidance uses a sexy woman's voice that speaks understandable English. The Copilot's voice guidance uses a robot voice which half of the time I couldnt even understand. Is there any way that I can upgrade the voice on the Copilot?
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Do a search on Watson speech software. Apparently they do the speech synthesis program for copilot and travroute has nothing to do with them.

Comment

I found nothing on Watson speech on google. I did find AT&T natural voices which sound semi close to the kenwood Nav voice. problem is I dont know if it will work with Copilot. I emailed customer service at Travroute today. I'm still waiting for their reply. click http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/index.html for a demo
      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Let us know what they say. I am very interested.

Comment

Thank you for contacting TravRoute. Unfortunately there is no way to change
          your voice preference or how the speaker sounds. I apologize for any
          inconvenience.

If you have further questions or would like to place an order, please feel
          free to contact me.

Regards,

Maria Scarpulla
          Sales Representative
          Email: [email protected]
          PH: 888-872-8768 x153
          FX: 609-252-8166
          TravRoute Division
          ALK Technologies

looks like theres no way to change the crappy robot voice on CoPilot.

Comment

If there's some way you could get your hands on watson 2.0, it has support for multiple voices. I'm pretty sure it would still respond to all of copilot's calls to it. That way you could change the voices to whatever watson 2.0 supported.

Comment

Well I figured out how to change Copilot's voice from male to female but it still sound like a robot. Goto the control panel and select the "flex talk 2.1 configuration" then set Kerry Watson as default speaker. If that still doesnt work, remove the male speaker. Maybe someone can figure this out for all of us who are sick of listening to the robot voice from 1997 on how to change the Watson's speech engine to the more updated AT&T Natural Voices Text-to-Speech Engine. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

What version of copilot do you have? There was one released in 2002 right? is that the one you have?

As a tech guy in california a place known for tech and intranet... I would be shocked if you were not able to dig up a copy of watson 2.0 or whatever. ..

BTW, copilot has not updated their voice engine since 1997? if this is the 2002 version, thats not good.
                1995 SL stock
                Working On: GMAT
                Given Up On: Custom motorized lcd

Comment

It's Copilot 2003. I asked the Travroute rep at CES about the schitty voice. They said that sadly that voice can't be changed and that I should check their website for updates. You would think that for 400 bucks a pop that it would at least come with a setting to change the voice.

Comment

Working...
                  X