Navigation software with traffic updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation software with traffic updates

I've been noticing that there are a lot of portable GPS units now on the market (the higher end ones), which can receive traffic information, to help in the routing.

Are there any PC navigation software that can do the traffic updating of the routing?
    I'd like to get my cap PC up to spec with the latest gadgets/technologies.

i know my tomtom on my pda downloads traffic updates thru the web connection

Comment

I am also interested in this if anyone has any feedback. A lot of new cars these days now include live traffic updates via GPS. It would be great to know if there is a specific GPS receiver/service/software capable of doing this.

Comment

ALK CoPilot has traffic features. It works via Internet connection, (and I think even via a special traffic receiver). I never used this feature of ALK CoPilot myself, as I suspect it doesn't have data for Canada. I enabled it via my mobile Internet connection, but I never seen it doing anything.

Comment

S & t 2008

Streets & Trips 2008 w/ connected services has a traffic updates over the fm band for most major cities , however msoft seems to have discountinued this version because it will kill it self and you have to call msoft(india) to have them take over your pc and intall then remove a fix it program, so you have to call again when it kills itself again and wont start. i use it because i have all ready payed for it but i hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
            ALK CoPilot has traffic features. It works via Internet connection
            That sounds promising.

Originally posted by DutchBalls View Post
            Streets & Trips 2008 w/ connected services has a traffic updates over the fm band for most major cities
            How does a CarPC get its FM traffic signal?

Comment

PC navigator 8 (think also 7) works with FM traffic information, tested with a bluetooth GPS mouse with TMC.

"RoyalTek RTG 2000 Bluetooth TMC GPS Sirf3"

Comment

Originally posted by dimmu1975 View Post
                PC navigator 8 (think also 7) works with FM traffic information, tested with a bluetooth GPS mouse with TMC.

"RoyalTek RTG 2000 Bluetooth TMC GPS Sirf3"
                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X