Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bu-353 software? Maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bu-353 software? Maps?

    I have a bu-353 antenna, not installed yet, but it's going in tomorrow. I found the drivers, but where can I find software?
    What is a good software that will work with centrafuse or road runner?
    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by MAZDABOY View Post
    I have a bu-353 antenna, not installed yet, but it's going in tomorrow. I found the drivers, but where can I find software?
    What is a good software that will work with centrafuse or road runner?
    Thanks
    BU-353 = GPS Receiver
    Maps = Software that use GPS Receiver for position

    Neither are dependant on the other. You can use that receiver or a pharos unit, or a bunch of other units that output NEMA info.

    So you need to buy GPS software such as iNav's iGuidance, or Microsoft's Streets & Trips, or Destinator, or Map Monkey, or a bunch of others.

    Usually $50 to $200
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

    Comment


    • #3
      Damn I thought I was going to get away with this for cheap. Are there any free gps software?

      Here is an odd question, the gps in my other car is a cheap0 with the sd card with all the maps. Can I just copy over all those maps or no? My guess is probably not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MAZDABOY View Post
        Damn I thought I was going to get away with this for cheap. Are there any free gps software?
        None worth using.

        Originally posted by MAZDABOY View Post
        Here is an odd question, the gps in my other car is a cheap0 with the sd card with all the maps. Can I just copy over all those maps or no? My guess is probably not.
        No.

        One reason being map data and interpreting data is different. Not all formats are the same. Maps costs money, and the interpretation costs money. When you buy GPS navigation software, it comes with both maps and the interpreter. Your interpreter is on your basic cheap device. The maps are on the SD card.

        Second reason being that it is piracy which is illegal because it breaks your EULA with the device manufacturer.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          If you intend on using Centrafuse, it has the navigation and maps with it.
          Granted, you're paying for Centrafuse, and part of the cost is for licensing the map data and navigation engine.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?



          Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MAZDABOY View Post
            I have a bu-353 antenna, not installed yet, but it's going in tomorrow. I found the drivers, but where can I find software?
            What is a good software that will work with centrafuse or road runner?
            Thanks
            Have you considered the CarPC version of Trapster? It does not do routing, but does show current position and custom POIs on a Google map. Plus, it's FREE

            Comment

            Working...
            X