Looking for new GPS receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new GPS receiver

I have a Holux 213U which is crap as far as I am concerned. IF I stick it to metal surface it looses all comms even though it's meant to be a magnetic mouse. About every 3-4 days I have to resync it using sirfdemo and switch it to Sirf mode so it gets a lock. Then force it back to NMEA Protocol and works for a few days until it looses sats again.

I am looking for something new, something up and coming. Any new technologies out there? I wouldn't mind a serial unit with a separate antenna on the roof. For USB mouse, what's new out there...I can't seem to find anything new and talked about.

good 'ol BU353 still goes strong, fast lock, magnetic, accurate... Cant go wrong with that.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

^^ seconded.
      2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
      [----------] 100%
      Purchasing:
      [----------] 90%
      Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
      [----------] 90%

Comment

Thanks for the input, I'll have to snag one.

Comment

I have the BR-355, which is basically the RS-232 version of the BU-353. Works great, and because it's RS-232, no hibernation issues, and no drivers! That's assuming you have RS-232 on your motherboard. It costs a little more, though.

-- Kevin

Comment

I'm personally a fan of the BT-338. 18-hour battery, good sensitivity, no hibernation issues. No problems.

Comment

Another vote for the bu-353. I've installed 2 into seperate installs with zero problems.
              I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

I have 2 of these, one in the car and one on my inhouse test PC. No problemos. fast lock, even works inside the house. The only thing that would make this perfect is for it to be less jerky in the motion. I have tried changing settings but no love. I was in an Acura TL with GPS and that was very smooth fluid motion.

Comment

I am recommending you a site where different recievers are available in different range. I don;t use so I am not experienced but you can get detail and decide which one will be perfect for you.
                  http://www.blueunplugged.com/c.aspx?c=53076
                  Have a look may be helpful.
                  Mario kart wii

Comment

Working...
                  X