program to prime GPS right when the computer starts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• program to prime GPS right when the computer starts

Been reading around but couldn't find the answer for this.

Is there a program that would run and lock to GPS satellites right when windows log on? So that my position is available whenever I run NAVI; instead of running NAVI when I need it and wait for a fix on the satellites.

I'm doing the Centrafuse trial right now, and I notice that GPS receiver will only begin to get a fix when I click the Iguidance button. But then I would need to wait for the satellites to lock into position.

Thanks.

wait a min.......I think I found my answer....XPort....is this it?

Comment

The GPS device should start locking satellites whenever it receives power from the USB.

Comment

I have a bluetooth GPS receiver though.

Comment

...yes, xport, or gpsgate, should do the trick.

Comment

Shouldn´t the GPS receiver get "fix" position (cold start) a short while after it has been powered up? At least my USB receiver does, without needing to start the nav software (or XPort).

What I would like to have is that it would get fix position directly after power up, like some handheld GPS´s do, also some Nokia phones have this, I think it is called AGPS on them.
            // Tom

Gallery of my cars (current and old ones)

Nissan 200SX project @ mp3car

My old car, VW Passat Variant V5 @ mp3car

My modified Kuo skin, named Kuo Blue

Speedtest result

Comment

Originally posted by tom_rosenback View Post
              What I would like to have is that it would get fix position directly after power up, like some handheld GPS´s do, also some Nokia phones have this, I think it is called AGPS on them.
              It may be possible to create system where your GPS mouse stays powered on even when the PC is powered off.
              With a solar panel, chargable batteries, a relay and the GPS mouse.

PC OFF mode :
              Relay cuts off the connection between the GPS mouse and carputer.
              Daytime (sun is shining) : solar panel provides power to the GPS device and charging the batteries.
              Night time : batteries are charged and provides power to the GPS mouse.

PC ON mode :
              Relay cuts off connection between GPS mouse and batteries / solar panel, batteries will still be charged by the solar panel (or: batteries charged by carputer).
              GPS mouse is operated by carputer conventionally.

The above are only thoughts I have had in the past, don't even know if it's doable

but small solar panels are affordable these days so maybe someone else might want to dig deeper into this.

solar panel example
              (assuming GPS mouse will also operate @ 5.5V)

Comment

Working...
              X