Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does it take you guys to get sat lock w/copilot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take you guys to get sat lock w/copilot?

I have a copilot receiver, and sometimes it takes a few minutes to lock onto satellites.
    I have the reciever under the dash, and i believe that it killed the signal just a bit.

Can I stick it to the windshield? does it need to be parallel to the road?
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Re: how long does it take you guys to get sat lock w/copilot?

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
    I have a copilot receiver, and sometimes it takes a few minutes to lock onto satellites.
    I have the reciever under the dash, and i believe that it killed the signal just a bit.

Can I stick it to the windshield? does it need to be parallel to the road?
    I admit Copilot receiver sucks. sometimes It takes a few seconds to lock on a good day. Sometimes it takes 4 hours to lock. My Garmin GPS16 takes a few seconds to lock even on a cloudy day or rainny day. I too have both receivers under the dashcap. I wish someone would build a converter for the CP software to accept other receivers.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

i guess it's not just me then..
      yeah.. sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes, sometimes 1/2 hour, by that point i usually give up..

you think it makes a difference if the receiver is at an angle?
      Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
      Mods: Yep
      Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

yeah the last couple of weeks have been pretty crappy, maybe they are using the satillites for the war....anyway I am using copilot with a Rand Mcnally, I'm glad that I'm am not the only one with the problem, I thought I needed to get a new reciever.
        BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by bosstone74
          yeah the last couple of weeks have been pretty crappy, maybe they are using the satillites for the war....anyway I am using copilot with a Rand Mcnally, I'm glad that I'm am not the only one with the problem, I thought I needed to get a new reciever.
          Good point. I don't remember anyone saying anything this time but in previous conflicts it was known that gps acuracy went from several feet to several miles.

-Dustin

Comment

Originally posted by DustinR
            Good point. I don't remember anyone saying anything this time but in previous conflicts it was known that gps acuracy went from several feet to several miles.

-Dustin
            Thats because the us government had selective availibility turned on until the other year, which added artificial unaccuricies into the gps signals for those without us military recievers.
            -Nick

Comment

They have the ability to do that for certain regions, US isn't turned on.

I have had zero problems with my copilot and it locks in under a minute usually all the time.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

i wouldnt trust a civilian GPS signal anywhere near the middle east right now. as for the US, they are totally different satalites, so i think we are fine here
                Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
                Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
                Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
                www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Working...
                X