after a startup, GPS not founded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after a startup, GPS not founded?

everytime i start my carpc up from a hibernation, the GPS port is always lost even though its plugged in...sometimes i would need to unplug and replug the GPS back in and then rescan with Xport and then its found. anyone have a solution for this? thanks.

Your operating system may have an option to keep USB ports powered even while hibernating. Check if that option is enabled. If it's disabled, enable it. If that doesn't help, I think I heard some people say GPS Gate software may help with this issue.

Others may have better ideas for you to try. I've personally never experienced this problem, so I have no first-hand knowledge in this area.

Comment

thanks for the response Marvin..ill see if i can find that option.

Comment

LiCelsior, did you find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same issue with my setup, running Centrafuse and a BU-343 GPS Receiver. Occasionally, when I start my system (it resumes from hibernation), the GPS unit isn't found, so it doesn't pickup any signal. I have to go into Centrafuse's GPS settings and set the COM port again, and then, usually, it will find the GPS unit and it picks up a signal straight away.

Any ideas?
        2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

I just have to now use x port to rescan and it picks it up again. Wish it held the USB in memory though.

Comment

Does the port number change each time, or does the scan find it on the same port? XPort auto-reconnects so I'm assuming the former.

Comment

It scans and finds the same port.

Comment

Definitely an older version of XPort.

Comment

is the current version 1.41?

Comment

Yes, 1.41 is the latest. The bottom of the window shows current status of the port, such as Port Doesn't Exist, Port Closed, Port Open Failed: (windows error number), Port Open Timeout, etc.

Comment

k got the latest one, ill report its results.

Comment

new version solved it. thanks curiosity!!

Comment

Working...
                        X