Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Maps and Incar Nav

Hi Guys,

I have a cellphone with unlimiated data... is it possible to have a car PC use google maps? Also can someone link me to some common posts about controling heating and cooling through a car pc?

Thanks

Yes its possible to view google maps in-car but its against googles TOS to use it for navigation.

As for the rest:
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Would be cool to get live weather radar over the map interface while driving and all the other cool things you could do with internet based maps.

Comment

i've found google maps to generally be inaccurate when triangulating my position via cellphone. it's usually off by half a mile. i take it yours is better than that?

Comment

Originally posted by RemmyZero View Post
          i've found google maps to generally be inaccurate when triangulating my position via cellphone. it's usually off by half a mile. i take it yours is better than that?
          That sounds like yours is getting position from cell towers rather than from GPS. Are you sure your phone's GPS is on? I get 2-4 meter accuracy on my phone with google maps.
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

lol good call! user error. i had it on "E911 only" to save battery life. although i'm indoors now and it's giving me even wackier locations than before so when i get the chance to go outside i'll try it out again.

Comment

I'm at about 5-50 meters off.
              But that isn't so bad since google maps are off themselves!!! I tried to drop pins on the map view and satellite views using coordinates generated through google and each view was different by 15 meters or so. I would drop almost onto my house and switch view only to be pinning my neighbors house.

Actually, my BU-353 is better

Comment

Working...
              X