Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS & Touchscreen not getting along

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GPS & Touchscreen not getting along

    So to be quite honest, I just about gave up on my carputer. But for some reason I decided to fire it up one last time before putting it up in the rafters of the garage.

    So I think I found the problem. I gave up on the carputer because my touchscreen would just stop working after a few mins (5 - 20 mins) after boot up. I decided to unplug my BU-353 and to my suprise, the touchscreen worked fine for hours. My touchscreen/monitor is a Xenarc 700tsv.

    My question is, why is this happening? I am also using xport to split my GPS to Riderunner and IGuidance 3.0. I have been out of the game for so long I don't even know what people are using any more.

    Any help would be great!

    Thanks,

    Nick

    WinXP Pro
    USB Touchscreen
    USB BU-353

  • #2
    Were they sharing the same USB controler ?
    Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

    Comment


    • #3
      are they plugged into a powered or unpowered hub and are they using the same hub? I have found for touchscreen to be on its own and to the computer usb port using a good quality extension cable. I have my gps/skype phone/tpms/ads radio/ext. dvd all living happily on a powered hub and touch on its own, never a problem in a couple of years now SNO

      Comment


      • #4
        I am not running a hub. I have both of them plugged directly into the motherboard via the rear panel. I don't think they are sharing the same controller. What do you guys use to make copies of the gps port...I.e XPort?

        Comment


        • #5
          try going to device manager and usb controllers/root hub and check if allow windows to turn off device is checked. It might be your problem since you are using direct to mainboard usb ports just a thought SNO

          Comment


          • #6
            To original poster

            I have the exact same problem, and never figured it out. It is hilarious to me if it is the GPS I have tried all kinds of stuff. Now I kinda want to try a different GPS and see if that fixes it or not. I used a garmin 18x for another project (the com port ones at 5hz) but maybe I will just get another USB one. Any suggestions for quick pickup and good signal quality?


            Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
            try going to device manager and usb controllers/root hub and check if allow windows to turn off device is checked. It might be your problem since you are using direct to mainboard usb ports just a thought SNO
            I found that made it happen quite rarely, but it still sometimes happens.
            My Install

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think it was the GPS that killed the touchscreen. I think it was XPort. I am using a BU-353. If I don't use XPort my Xenarc TSV700 seems to work fine for hours. If I am using XPort, the touchscreen stops working after ~15 minutes. One of these days I need to put it back in my 350Z and see if it still has problems. Maybe I will just run a 2nd GPS instead of trying to split the signal?

              Originally posted by sxott View Post
              To original poster

              I have the exact same problem, and never figured it out. It is hilarious to me if it is the GPS I have tried all kinds of stuff. Now I kinda want to try a different GPS and see if that fixes it or not. I used a garmin 18x for another project (the com port ones at 5hz) but maybe I will just get another USB one. Any suggestions for quick pickup and good signal quality?



              I found that made it happen quite rarely, but it still sometimes happens.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SpinOut123 View Post
                I don't think it was the GPS that killed the touchscreen. I think it was XPort. I am using a BU-353. If I don't use XPort my Xenarc TSV700 seems to work fine for hours. If I am using XPort, the touchscreen stops working after ~15 minutes. One of these days I need to put it back in my 350Z and see if it still has problems. Maybe I will just run a 2nd GPS instead of trying to split the signal?
                Ah well I had xport as well, still it worked fine with a different GPS in the past.
                My Install

                Comment

                Working...
                X