No announcement yet.

gps finds sats but doesn't connect?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps finds sats but doesn't connect?

I'm sure if this is iguidance2011 specific or overall specific, but the gps information inside of iguidance constantly finds 1-5 satellites, but doesn't connect to any of them. It constantly updates from 0/1 - 0/5. If it can find them, shouldn't it connect?

Iguidance auto detected the usb gps receiver as com port 3 with baud rate (forgot which atm) so I figured it should auto connect the sats if it found them.

I know it sounds vauge, but I won't be able to try the test software the gps came with for another 3-4 days. It came with a mini disk and I gotta burn that to a normal cd to get the software. If it's iguidance specific, can someone please move this to the correct subforum...
    Current Worklog: TBA - '05 Rav4 (Mobo Dead). - Forums for Rav4 owners - Cooking website/forums
    -Basic forums live atm, come contribute!

Since there are no replies yet, I'll offer what I can but I have no experince with IGuidance. I use CF which comes with "Navigator". (Navigator is a POS BTW)
    I had continual connection problems using CF & Navigator even with GPS gate.
    I bought GMPC and have never had a single connection issue since using the identical hardware.
    So my point is that it appears that connection issues can definitely be tied to software and not necessarily hardware. I would suggest it is likely an Iguidance issue.
    My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE