Speedometer program for vista?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer program for vista?

Does anyone know of a GPS speedometer program for windows vista? I know its possible, but I've been searching and couldnt find one.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

I know Streets and Trips 20xx will work in vista. I just looked on the Garmin Mobile PC box and it says vista compatible. Both have a speedometer type window. If thats what your looking for. SNO

Comment

Is there any type of freeware? I've looked at gpstacho, but it looks to be only good in windows CE, and looks like kph and not mph readout.

Comment

A google search for "gps speedometer software" produces some quite useful results. Perhaps look through those and see if any of them meet your needs?
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

Did that, all I saw was ones for actual hand held GPS, ANd Windows CE. Nothing for a real windows operating system

Comment

Second result on google:
            http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/1620-g...oftware-laptop

What exactly are you looking for? Just a text display? Something to embed in some sort of frontend? Something touch-screen friendly with things like heading and location? Or just a simple speedometer app like in the forum post I just linked?
            "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
            RevFE
            My Shop

Comment

Read through that already, I was hoping for one kind of like GPStacho, Wheres its like a digital display of an analog speedo gauge.
              Dont care about heading/locations just speed read out, if its intgrated with road runner thats even better!

Comment

I'm really shocked at the lack of applications that do just this. Check the RR forums though, I believe some skins have this kind of functionality built in.

I threw this together in about 15 minutes, is this the sort of thing you were looking for?
                Attached Files
                RevFE
                My Shop

Comment

Yeah malcolm, Kind of like that but with a prettied up interface. (Reason for this being my speedo is broken in my truck and Id love to be able to throw this up on the carpc while driving around)

Comment

DFX5.x Skin in RR has a "Gauges" screen that gives a speedometer, heading, altitude, % of CPU, number of satellites, nearest town, and it even shows the music that's playing.

Comment

Working...
                    X