GPS Connecter? Universal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Connecter? Universal?

I'm currently debating on replacing the MyGIG system in my Jeep Wrangler JK with one of the knock off Ca-Fi Android based units. My MyGIG system currently has a GPS antenna connected to it from the factory.

This looks to be a fairly standard antenna connector. I'm wondering if I can reuse the antenna with the Ca-Fi based unit.

If I can this will save me a TON of wiring. Thoughts?

I think the antenna on the CA-fi is sma and it looks like your old connector is some variant of fakra. The CA-fi should come with an antenna and really the new gps can go under the dash as long as no metal above it. SNO

Comment

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
      I think the antenna on the CA-fi is sma and it looks like your old connector is some variant of fakra. The CA-fi should come with an antenna and really the new gps can go under the dash as long as no metal above it. SNO
      So the two are incompatable? There is not adapter I can use? I can just install the new GPS antenna above the head unit.

Comment

i bought this GPS Modul for my BMW with factory installd GPS. i just need a adapter from SMB(Fakra) to SMA.

i don't tested with factory installed gps antenna jet. but i hope/think it works.
        RR-Skin: BMW OpenBM Skin for E39 [never ending progress :-(]
        RR-Plugin: IBusCommunicatoRR new Updates

Comment

Working...
        X