Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

composite input LCDs - are GPS programs really readable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• composite input LCDs - are GPS programs really readable?

ive heard and yes and ive heard no

final word?
    i need to be able to actually read the gps program

do composite input LCDs just blur everything to hell or can they be read
    im speaking specifically of the TM-701

thanks
    2004 G35 Coupe project

i have earthmate, running street atlas 2003. i can read the maps no problem while driving, there is an option to make the fonts 200%.

for all the menus, i would have to look really close or i'll just have to guess what it is.

Comment

I've seen screenshots of stuff on the TM-701 - and it's suprisingly good for Composite.. you can read stuff!

Comment

I see very little screen shots of Copilot 2K3. Here's mine running at 848X480 wide screen format. CP uses high contrast colors so even under direct sunlight using dim LCD screens you can still see the directions.
        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

I heard that Street Atlas 2003 had NO zoom option for the fonts and this was keeping me from getting it. How did you increase them 200%?

Cheers,

Taylor

Comment

Drop down menu on the right side called Magnify. It only increases the size of the fonts on the map, not the menus.

Comment

So overall how happy are you with Street Atlas? If I could read it to know where I am, and occasionally use it for directions, I'd be pretty content. I have Streets and Trips at the moment, but I am intrigued by the voice recognition and such of SA2003. I don't think I'll be direction finding all that much, so I don't know if CoPilot is for me (especially considering its expense).

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                I've seen screenshots of stuff on the TM-701 - and it's suprisingly good for Composite.. you can read stuff!

What resolution is that at?
                4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Not sure - think it's one of digitalww's...

Comment

Ah, OK. My Matrox card I'm using can display any resolution from the TVout. Of course it is smooth, but unreadable. Above 800x600 it is a blur.

At 800x600, you really need the magnifier to do a lot of stuff, and at 640x480, it is just about readable but jaggy.

I really need a VGA screen.
                    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Yea, I was || close to buying a Composite screen - but as I'm using GPS mainly.. I went for the 7" VGA Touchscreen instead.. I figured it'd pay for itself in the long run.

Comment

I would have gone the VGA route first time, but money is an issue, and it was either 99GBP for a Playstation 2 7" STN screen that I could afford to hack about with (the PS->vga hack didn't work on this screen) or no screen.

Next version will hopefully have a motorised indash VGA.
                        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Working...
                        X