placing Gps antenna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• placing Gps antenna

how do some of you have your GPS antenna placed? I have the randmcnally one (serial) and it just sits on my dash. I would like it more stealthy looking as possible.
    Mine needs to be updated.

Mine is inside my rear window brake light casing. The casing is plastic and doesn't interfere with the reception in my experience, but then I have a Garmin GPS35, which is really good. It works inside my metal trunk too..

But anyway, the brake light install is completely stealth.
    Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
    Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

i have my receiver in the dash where the factory am radio speaker would have gone.
      99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

can I see some pictures? From what I read my Rand McNally Gps antenna has to have a "view" of the sky.
        Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Take a look at the link in his sig, it sits right in the middle front of his dash. And I've got the new wee garmin module that I could only get working on my front dash, so I simply painted it black and taped it in the corner.
          -Nick

Comment

Working...
          X