No announcement yet.

GPS Software let you choose

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Software let you choose

Do any of the GPS programs let you decide the route, or at least part of it, and if so which ones?

For instance if I want to travel to another city, but I want to use a particular road or highway, is there a way for me to let it know, or if I want to use more than 1, and then it could find the best way using that road, getitng me to my final destitation?

dont understand 100% your question but if you want to take a particular road for ex. your prefered shortcut home - just take it and the navigation soft will follow and recalculate -
    =>> Carpc Version2 -- Epia M 10K based<<=
    ::Epia M10k,7"VGA/40GB2.5",GPS,Opus90W ::
    ::trying to build second low cost carpc:: :: CAR= Renault Clio2 - 2 seats 1.9D

Let's say I am in Philadelphia right now. I want to go to Washington, DC. However, I am told that "this" road is a great road to take, and it avoids a bunch of traffic on a part of I-95.

Could I enter my destination, then say, I want to take "this" road, let's say its MD-295?

I'm just wondering if I can enter a road that I Want to take along the way, or two or three roads, and it will figure out how to do the restt.

CoPilot 2k3 will let you do two things which would kind of help:

1) specify intermediate 'via' locations. choose a city on the way to go through, which will influence the suggested rotue.

2) 'avoid this road'. after it suggests an intinerary, you can select a road and tell it to not take that one. it'll figure out an alternative route. you can do this a couple times.

Not exactly what you want, but it's worth something.
        Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
        Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald