Delorme Earthmate USB with CoPilot 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delorme Earthmate USB with CoPilot 2003

Is it true that the Delorme Earthmate USB will NOT work with CoPilot 2003?

I hear rumors that it only works with the serial version... If this is true should I purchase the Delore Earthmate with the serial adapter? Can anyone confirm that this will work?

More info here: http://www.delorme.com/earthmate/configlaptop.asp

I'm looking for the best Software/Antenna combo for my car.. I'm using a laptop for the system.

Thanks in advance!

Joe Mac

Originally posted by JoeMac
    Is it true that the Delorme Earthmate USB will NOT work with CoPilot 2003?

I hear rumors that it only works with the serial version... If this is true should I purchase the Delore Earthmate with the serial adapter? Can anyone confirm that this will work?

More info here: http://www.delorme.com/earthmate/configlaptop.asp

I'm looking for the best Software/Antenna combo for my car.. I'm using a laptop for the system.

Thanks in advance!

Joe Mac
    The last I checked CoPilot worked with the "Stock" Co-Pilot receiver, and the Rand McNally Serial one.

Comment

Originally posted by qjones
      The last I checked CoPilot worked with the "Stock" Co-Pilot receiver, and the Rand McNally Serial one.
      I returned my DeLorme after discovering that it's not NMEA V2.0 compliant, even though it's advertised as such. Proof is that it does not work with either my own client, or Streets and Trips 2004, both of which are NMEA v2.0 comliant. I switched to a Deluo USB GPS and it worked instantly with everything. It also remembers it's last fix, which the DeLorme seemed incapable of doing.

And don't ask DeLorme about how to make it work with other software, they refuse to even talk about their USB to serial driver.

Comment

does the deluo usb work with copilot??

i was also under the impression only the copilot branded reciever and the rand mcnally serial worked with it
        2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

I just got one yesterday. It came with USB=> serial software. I don't see why it should not work. Does anyone know what the co-pilot screen looks like. I have been looking for a demo/screen shot and no one seem to have it. That's a nice way to sell application.
          - Lwin M. Maung
          If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

I know for a fact that it will not work with CoPilot, but there are rumors that the next version will work with any gps.

www.alk.com for info on copilot.

Comment

Seraph http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15167
              I highly doubt that the next version copilot will work with any receiver.
              NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
              If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by wallyworld
                I know for a fact that it will not work with CoPilot, but there are rumors that the next version will work with any gps.

www.alk.com for info on copilot.
                since when did travroute beomce alk?
                2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Hey Thanks. Interface does seem rather old but it is very effective for touch screen use. I wonder if I can re-program the destinator to look like that using the SDK.
                  - Lwin M. Maung
                  If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

It works very well with touch screens.

Comment

I spoke with the tech suport at TravRout last week and they told me that as of three weeks ago the CoPilot 2003 that was shipping would work with any NEMA 2.0 GPS. They also said i could buy the software without thier GPS for something around $230 I don't recall the exact amount.

I've intended to buy it and the Earthmate but haven't had a chance so I can't verify it will work.

Comment

whens 2003 coming out?
                        ive been planning on selling my earthmate and buying a rand mcnally and using 2002 but if i can use my earthmate still id like to do that
                        im fairly sure the earthmate performs better than the rand mcnally
                        2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Originally posted by aoLhaTer
                          whens 2003 coming out?
                          ive been planning on selling my earthmate and buying a rand mcnally and using 2002 but if i can use my earthmate still id like to do that
                          im fairly sure the earthmate performs better than the rand mcnally
                          2003 is already out. I will have to give Travroute a call and find out if there is a patch for current CP 2K3 users. I would love to use a Garmin instead of the Co-pilot GPS
                          2004 F350 Ext. Cab
                          System not reinstalled in it yet

Comment

Hi Guys:

My understanding is that the non-garmin gps support will only be part of the next version, not 2003. I called cust. service and they didn't know of a version of CP2K3 that actually works with another GPS.

I got my version to work with my bluetooth gps, but after a while it would realize that it wasn't a copilot gps and it would disconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by spectrumzz
                              I returned my DeLorme after discovering that it's not NMEA V2.0 compliant, even though it's advertised as such. Proof is that it does not work with either my own client, or Streets and Trips 2004, both of which are NMEA v2.0 comliant. I switched to a Deluo USB GPS and it worked instantly with everything. It also remembers it's last fix, which the DeLorme seemed incapable of doing.

And don't ask DeLorme about how to make it work with other software, they refuse to even talk about their USB to serial driver.
                              Maybe you didn't install the usb to serial driver correctly, cuz mine USB Earthmate works fine with Mappoint (with AGPS pluggin) and Street and Trips 2003..

Comment

Working...
                              X