Reas. Price GPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reas. Price GPS

I am looking for a GPS unit that is under $100. I would get a Garmin but they are priced a little bit to high for me. Basically I want the best bang for the buck. Any reply's would be appreciated.
    Via Mini-ITX 800 Mhz
    7" In-Dash LCD Monitor
    30 GB Laptop Harddrive
    256 MB Memory
    Hopefully Installed Soon!!

i really like the new eathmate.. its 110
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
      i really like the new eathmate.. its 110
      I concur. I got mine for around $120. I had to tell WinXP manually to use the USB-COM drivers provided, but otherwise it's been painless and comfortable. It's nice because it's small and doesn't need an additional power source, I'd highly recommend it.

Too bad Co-pilot doesn't work with it. Hope it will next year!

Comment

the older earthmate serial ones sell for less than 100. i have the even older tripmate serial that sells for about 50 on ebay. the new ultra small ones are like 130 or so. shop around

Comment

I found that the new usb earthmates loose the signal a lot for me, and also since they are usb they flip out and act weird if you do a suspend or hibernate. I usually just suspend the computer when I leave the car, and when I come back resume it. when I did that using a usb receiver it wouldnt find it, or it would just say aquiring signal for ever and then sometimes find it. I am going to use a serial older tripmate since the antenna is larger and its more reliable. not as accurate or fast, but at least it would work consistantly.

Comment

I have a USB earthmate for my notebook it kicks way more butt than my old RandMcnall one did. If you become a registered customer they send you offers all the time in the mail to buy the receiver for 99.xx.
            SurfinCajun WOW we have another south Louisiana car pc that is cool I was afraid I was the only one. Shoot me an E-mail sometimes I'd like to see your setup.
            2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprapc
              I have a USB earthmate for my notebook it kicks way more butt than my old RandMcnall one did. If you become a registered customer they send you offers all the time in the mail to buy the receiver for 99.xx.
              SurfinCajun WOW we have another south Louisiana car pc that is cool I was afraid I was the only one. Shoot me an E-mail sometimes I'd like to see your setup.
              If you plan to use NMEA v2.0 software with USB-to-serial, get the Deluo GPS. It's under $100 and it gets a lock faster than the Earthmate. On top of that, the drivers work perfectly. It's also USB.

Comment

http://www.deluo.com/Merchant2/merch...tegory_Code=GR

Serial or usb, choose your flavor.
                Carputer:
                MSI K7T turbo limited ed.
                AMD Duron 600
                TM - 701 ( Touchscreen and VGA kits will be added later)
                ATI Rage Fury
                looking at OPUS 150
                512 PC100
                40Gb HD
                SuSE 8.2 Professional

Comment

I comment bout Navroute for loosing signal all the time compare to my garmin and once I also did a try out of Radioshack's serial Gps which was discontinued
                  both of them works perfect always got 10 lock sat, today I baugth a usb hub just find out that power adapter was not included , went to Ratshack but coudnt find 5 volts so i grab the 6 volts and pray, My Gyro Mouse and KB works
                  fine check the Navroute GPS I was surprise usually i got 7 sat lock but today got 10 and never lost signal for 1 1/2 driving since its magnet mount and waterproof i installed on top of the roof and got better result.

www.navroute.com to those who wants to try

Comment

Working...
                  X