Anyone else using a recent MS Streets and Trips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else using a recent MS Streets and Trips

I'm using 2004 and for the most part it is more then adequate for what I need right now. However I get the time out error that the program hasn't been able to find the GPS when I hibernate the system. Everytime this error comes up I have to click ok, even though the reciever will reaquire the signal on it's own. If anyone has found a solution to this I would like to know what you did.

I do not have a solution for your problem, but I do have a question. I am using ST2001 and when I use my GPS it only updates the possition about every 12 seconds. Before I go out and buy 2004 I was wondering if it updates quicker and can you have direction up, instead of north up so the map turns on the screen as you go around a corner.
    Thanks

Comment

i dunno about ST but for mappoint there's a 1 second hack and there's probably the same thing for ST
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

Streets and Trips is a 1 second update. I've used Streets 98 and it also was a one second update. It does do directions, although it isn't voice directions, it highlights a path on the map and provides step by step directions on a sidbar.

One good thing about Streets and Trips 2004 is the resizeable font and the display of stores, restraunts, gas stations, police stations, etc... on the map. I can drive along a street and watch the map for types of stuff I'm interested in.

Comment

wow ST 2004 sounds just like mappoint 2002 just without the SDK
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

I've got Streets and Trips 2003 and I really like it. I use it at the same time as Door to Door Co-Pilot and together they work great. Of course I can't connect both to the GPS at once, but thats something I can live with. By finding what I want (like a rest. or city hall or whatever)with streets, I plug the address into Co-Pilot and get the voice commands and full screen prompts to lead me to my destination. I don't have any problem with update delays. It seems to work great and the adjustable fonts on the maps makes my life easier also.
            Peter
            Stop Buying New Music CD's.
            Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Hi

Ive got mappoint 2002 , which only updates the GPS every 15 secs.

I downloaded this ..."Agps".....http://www.techgt.com/agps/

Now it updates every second and it talks the directions to me, brilliant.

It only works for ten minutes, have to send the author $10 to register.

Worth it though, **** hot add on.....

Regards...

Comment

Working...
              X