Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to use Destinator Pocket PC Version on my Win XP Carputer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to use Destinator Pocket PC Version on my Win XP Carputer?

I have a copy of destinator that I have used wy my Ipaq, but now that I have my computer in my car I was wondering if there is anyway to use this with my WinXP machine. It looks like it's a toss up as far as Destinator and Copilot if I have to purchase a version. Just wondering if there's any chance to get this to work.
    '03 Sierra Denali

Originally posted by rgardjr
    I have a copy of destinator that I have used wy my Ipaq, but now that I have my computer in my car I was wondering if there is anyway to use this with my WinXP machine. It looks like it's a toss up as far as Destinator and Copilot if I have to purchase a version. Just wondering if there's any chance to get this to work.
    this has been discussed a thousand times before. it is possible to get it working by using the SDK with the pocket pc maps, but whether this is legal from a licensing perspective is unknown.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Originally posted by GingerPrince
      this has been discussed a thousand times before. it is possible to get it working by using the SDK with the pocket pc maps, but whether this is legal from a licensing perspective is unknown.
      Thanks for a kick in the right direction. I've got it figured out now.
      '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

can someone explain exactly how this is done.

I have the destinator SDK installed and i have the maps exactly how and where do i copy them?
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

say your destinator directory is C:\PowerLOC\Destinator.

You have to individually unzip each map file. If the map file is say A you unzip whatever is in A.zip to C:\PowerLOC\Destinator\A

Gotta do that for every zip
          CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

hmmm....this may sound stupid...but is it possible to modify and stitch the maps together? I haven't checked my maps...so I don't know what format it is..

Comment

They are like 13MB files. I just tried. Didn't work. Even after removing headers off of the added ones.
              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Working...
              X