Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator and old GPS

Hi everyone!
    I have just got the destinator sdk and trying to connect it to an old Trimble GPS.
    I can open COM1 in hyperterminal and see that the gps is working and receiving signals. But when I set up Destinator to use the same com port/baud and NMEA then I get a GPS isnt found message. Is there anything I need to do to fix it?
    I'm using WinXP if that matters...

Thanks, Magnus

do you have any more info on the GPS?
    CarPC: Currently in progress...

Comment

All the information I have is thats its NMEA compatible.
      Its from Trimble. And old when I asked Trimble for a manual they said it was very old I got it from the company where I work when they cleared out old stuff.

Comment

You could check if your old gps isn't mistakenly recognised by windows XP als a microsoft ball-mouse. if so: just disable the driver (don't deleted because XP will reinstall them on the next restart )

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardtm
          You could check if your old gps isn't mistakenly recognised by windows XP als a microsoft ball-mouse. if so: just disable the driver (don't deleted because XP will reinstall them on the next restart )
          I'm not sure this would apply if he can look in HyperTerminal and see the correct NMEA strings....you do see the correct strings??
          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I have checked and see no Microsoft ball mouse or similar.

I pretty sure its correct NMEA string. I have checked in the manual for the gps. Here is an example:
            $GPGGA,150747,5912.778,N,01756.921,E,1,3,005.4,,M, 024,M,,*7E
            $GPVTG,000,T,358,M,00.0,N,00.0,K*40

Comment

Did you set Destinator to auto-detect the GPS, and did it find it?

I have found that even sometimes I can set the same settings that will work in HyperTerminal, but won't work in Destinatory, until I do an auto-detect

Garry
              Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

I tried autodetect or autosearch whatever its called

One thing I suddenly thought is the fact that I havent installed any driver for the gps, I just connceted it to COM1. Anyone done anything similar and it worked?

Comment

no driver required or available. Are you sure it is "com1"? Does your computer hardware properties in BIOS and in windows show an active com1 with the same IO address etc?

Is the GPS plugged in?
                  current projects

Comment

Working...
                  X