Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting new thread for this. GPS software choice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting new thread for this. GPS software choice.

OK, first before I start. I have a question. Why does every single GPS software all have the same UI? There are very little differences between any of them. Some of them even have the exact same menu options and in the same order. And why do they all look like an ugly butt hole? Seriously. Where can I find a fully featured (voice prompts, routing, re-routing) software package that has graphics like this one:

http://www.kraftvoll.at/software/gpsdrive.png

Now my next question is which of the Navigation software has a female voice in it? Because I don't want a dude's voice everywhere I go. It's annoying. I am currently using mapopolis and the voice in it sounds very very lame and sometimes doesn't even make sense. Does any GPS software have a pleasant female voice to it and also have a decent graphical UI like the one listed above?

I like Microsoft's Streets n Trips GUI but it doesn't look like they have speach navigation yet.

Sounds like Routis 2004 is very good for the voice and directions, but I just can't like with an interface that ugly. I mean what's with the ugly maps and huge blue buttons?

Any advice here? I'm getting frustrated with what I'm finding out there.

Oh and one more thing. Do any or all of them have the ability to change the voices?

Comment

Originally posted by unsavory
      Oh and one more thing. Do any or all of them have the ability to change the voices?
      You can change the voices in Street Atlas to anything that you can download for the MS speech engine. If you get AT&T NaturalVoices, it will use those also.

Comment

Working...
      X