Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people with copilot - how long does it take to get a sat lock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people with copilot - how long does it take to get a sat lock?

This is for the people using Copilot:

How long does it take to obtain a satellite lock?

I have a Rand McNally reciever and Copilot 2003 and it takes quite a bit to obtain a lock (5 minutes or so)
    2004 G35 Coupe project

Originally posted by aoLhaTer

I have a Rand McNally reciever and Copilot 2003 and it takes quite a bit to obtain a lock (5 minutes or so)
    The lock time is nothing to do with the software, and everything to do with the receiver.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Originally posted by GingerPrince
      The lock time is nothing to do with the software, and everything to do with the receiver.
      i only said copilot because theres only one type of reciever that works with it either the one sold with the copilot software or the randmcnally
      2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

well i have not timed it with a stopwatch from the moment it is plugged in, but by the time my computer comes out of standby and and copilot is loaded the reciever has a lock, about a minute. that is with both recievers, not the earthmate(have not tried it since it sucked so bad with SA, 5 min and longer if already going 60mph). fast lock times or rather constant lock can be gained by using a powered usb hub.
        '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
        MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
        NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
        Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
        Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

almost instant w/the copilot serial receiver i have from a copy of copilot door to door i found at work and anywhere from 10 secs to 10 min w/the usb one that came w/my copilot 2002
          Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
          Mods: Yep
          Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

i tested with the reciever a bit farther onto my roof and youre right, it is almost instant! nice

my mistake for not testing with it farther out
            2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

my serial one can get lock inside my work, the usb one can't
              Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
              Mods: Yep
              Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                my serial one can get lock inside my work, the usb one can't
                my serial rand mcnally will lock from inside but it takes 1 to 5 minutes
                2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Serial Rand McNally less than 5 sec. every time. Reciever sits on the rear deck of the car and I don't have a metallic type of tint which will effect it.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by aoLhaTer

I have copilot receiver (usb 2001) with copilot 2001, would my receiver work with copilot 2003 ? and if it does, how can I get a copy of 2003 ?
                    LOV2XLR8

Comment

Originally posted by villarsrl
                      I have copilot receiver (usb 2001) with copilot 2001, would my receiver work with copilot 2003 ? and if it does, how can I get a copy of 2003 ?
                      It WILL wok with 2003 and the brand new one too...
                      but you would have to buy it...try ebay people sell there old 2003's there since a lot of people have been purchasing the newest one...I haven't heard that many good things about the new one...so I'm sticking to 2003
                      BossTone74

Comment

Is tere anyway I can use my USB copilot 2001 receiver with mappoints 2004 ?
                        i am having a hard time trying to map the usb port into a com port so that mappoint will detect it !

Any solutions or suggestions ?
                        LOV2XLR8

Comment

Working...
                        X