Ok im ready to buy USA GPS software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok im ready to buy USA GPS software?

Please help me. I donít know what GPS software to get. I have been reading for months now. This forum is very helpful and I want to thank you in advanced. I have a 7" VGA Xenarc touch screen. I don't care about the money I just want it easy to use and accurate. I was looking at Copilot Live 7 and Destinator 3. Also what GPS antenna should I get? Thanks for your help.

i've heard not so good things about CoPilot ... i've heard nothing but good things abot iGuidance ...

I've also heard a lot of good things about Destinator (but i think only v2 is available for pc) ...

dstinator is most expensive ... iGuidance you can get the software and adapter for less than $200
    My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Saty away from co-pilot, it is very expensive, and is proprietary to there gps reciever. I have heard v7.0 will use any gps antenna but it has to be regged over the internet. It also has a lot of problems in lower resolutions. Unless you have a large screen in you car, get something that can operate well in low res. I use iguidance and it works great even in 640x480 res, which I am limited to since my screen cant handle any higher.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHunter
        I use iguidance and it works great even in 640x480 res, which I am limited to since my screen cant handle any higher.

NightHunter - do you have/or know where to get any screenshots of Iguidance on the PC. Does it have a 3D view setting, voice directions & on screen keyboard options

how is it compared to Destinator 2/3

thanks
        [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
        [iGmon]
        Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

it does have voice directions and on screen keyboard ... i dunno about 3d view tho
          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

I found a little on the screen shots, but not much... it shows some on a PDA.
            http://store.yahoo.com/inavcorp-store/iggpsnaso.html
            Randell Kelly

Comment

some more screen shots.

http://www.semsons.com/itmousgpswig.html
              Randell Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by lerandell
                I found a little on the screen shots, but not much... it shows some on a PDA.
                http://store.yahoo.com/inavcorp-store/iggpsnaso.html
                Iguidance looks alot like ROutis 2004 which what I am using and loving it. Do a net search for deluo .. there are lots of screen shots of Routis in action.
                Shuttle xPC w/ Athlon 2400+
                512MB ddr266
                GeForce4 128MB agp video
                250GB WD SE
                USB2.0 DVD/CD-RW slim drive
                7" Xenarc TSV touchscreen
                PAC Audio AUX input module
                Opus 150W PS
                iGuidance usb GPS
                RF keyboard/mouse
                Mobile Media Center

Comment

ittoday on the Routis/Deluo combination. www.deluo.com

There are mouse problems with the Deluo GPS antenna being recognized as a serial mouse which are NOT fixed by using Deluo's patch, but they seem to be confined to awakening from hibernation and they're no big deal. That is, the product is so good, I can live with a little hibernation-related glitch.

Got me from CT to DC and accomodated all my route changes: took the Tappan Zee instead of the GW and the Garden State instead of the NJT and Routis took it all in stride. Hartford to DC in 5 hours 45 minutes, now that's flying.
                  Aku, Soku, Zan.
                  Epia M10000 Nehemiah
                  Lilliput
                  ITPS Power Sequencer

Comment

Routis and IGuidance use the same piece of software. They both are based on NavTech maps which is what makes them kick-*** GPS systems for use in the USA. They are the only maps found in OEM GPS systems, from Acura to Mercedes to Lexus to BMW and also can be found in Alpine Navigation systems. And because they both use Navtech, both are available with 3D view and voice guidance. Just my $0.02

Comment

Button Size

Does anyone have problems with button size in routis 2004? I ordered my software but I have a 7" Lilliput monitor running at 1024x768 and I hope the buttons aren't way small...let me know if anyone knows the answer to this.

Comment

Okay, I am going to go with IGuidance myself but I need some more input on which GPS mouse to get. What will work best and not cost me a fortune? And what is the difference between the regular deluo and the deluxe?

edit: NM on the deluxe you get Streetfinder is all.
                        edit: I have found this one: http://store.yahoo.com/directron/gmouse.html Has anyone tried it? It is only 58.99+S/H
                        7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                        ATVMS.com

Comment

Bump!
                          7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                          ATVMS.com

Comment

If your buying the software anyway, why not just buy this ? Comes in a package deal and then you won't have to worry about compatibility issues & support for both. Just my $.02
                            System:
                            Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
                            Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

okay so what is the difference between routis and iguidence? Do both support font size changes and nmea compliant usb gps receveivers like earthmates?
                              Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
                              Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
                              zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
                              zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

Working...
                              X