BU-303 with MapPoint 2004?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-303 with MapPoint 2004?

I have the ebay mouse BU-303 usb receiver, and was wondering if MS Mappoint 2004 will work with this? I thought I read somewhere that mappoint needs a COM port to work, but Im not sure and couldnt find anything definative through searching. Thanks for any help.

it does need a com port but most usb gps's will install a virtual com port usually 4 or 5
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
      I have the ebay mouse BU-303 usb receiver, and was wondering if MS Mappoint 2004 will work with this? I thought I read somewhere that mappoint needs a COM port to work, but Im not sure and couldnt find anything definative through searching. Thanks for any help.
      It works great with it. I have the same reciever and I use Map Point 2004 as well. No problems, it installed on com 3 for me. make sure to use the driver software included and you should have no probs...

Comment

Hey thanks for the help guys . I just wanted to make sure before I buy something thats not going to work.

Comment

works for me too

Comment

I have the BU-303 and Mappoint 2004. I have great difficulty getting my GPS unit to lock on to satalites. I have the mouse placed on my front dash with a clear view to the sky. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sick-B0y
              I have the BU-303 and Mappoint 2004. I have great difficulty getting my GPS unit to lock on to satalites. I have the mouse placed on my front dash with a clear view to the sky. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

i have no problems with mine.

Does routis work with the BU-303?? Any other software that does or doesnt work with it??

thanks
              [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

Comment

Working...
              X