Routis 2004 voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routis 2004 voice

I just ordered this software and I was wondering what the voice engine sounds like. Does it sound robotic like all the other software out there?

Nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDragon
      Nobody?
      The voice is of a woman in her mid thirties.
      Shuttle xPC w/ Athlon 2400+
      512MB ddr266
      GeForce4 128MB agp video
      250GB WD SE
      USB2.0 DVD/CD-RW slim drive
      7" Xenarc TSV touchscreen
      PAC Audio AUX input module
      Opus 150W PS
      iGuidance usb GPS
      RF keyboard/mouse
      Mobile Media Center

Comment

so is it a sexy voice?
        [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

Comment

Originally posted by nadir_s
          so is it a sexy voice?
          No, you can't masturebate to it...

Comment

The voice of Routis 2004 is actually a human recorded voice. Female with a British accent. It is a bunch of wav files stored in the C:\Program Files\Deluo\Routis\Snd directory. The files are 0.wav, 1.wav, 2.wav 11th.wav, North.wav etc you get the picture (86 in total). One wav per word. The program plays them in rapid succession to make sentences.

I was playing with the idea of having my three year old son say the words, capture it as wav files, replace the original ones, and voila. My three year old is now giving us directions on where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by NewTechFool
              The voice of Routis 2004 is actually a human recorded voice. Female with a British accent. It is a bunch of wav files stored in the C:\Program Files\Deluo\Routis\Snd directory. The files are 0.wav, 1.wav, 2.wav 11th.wav, North.wav etc you get the picture (86 in total). One wav per word. The program plays them in rapid succession to make sentences.

I was playing with the idea of having my three year old son say the words, capture it as wav files, replace the original ones, and voila. My three year old is now giving us directions on where to go.

hmmmm..... so it's possible to have a sexy voice bahahah. someone should make a set and sell the files!

anyways, being serious now, that's good info, thanks.
              [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

Comment

Excellent... I was worried I bought software that's like all the rest using the MS speech engine. I'm tired of listening to Microsoft Mary... hahaha

What about street names? Are they recorded too or are they generated through a speech engine? Are there pre recorded sounds that are strung together to make words?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDragon
                  What about street names? Are they recorded too or are they generated through a speech engine? Are there pre recorded sounds that are strung together to make words?
                  Routis does not support street names. That is the biggest drawback to the software. The instructions are limited to: "Turn right in one thousand feet", "Turn right", and my favorite, "Make an immediate U turn".

I do think Routis is a MUCH better package than StreetAtlas or MS Streets.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29120

Comment

Working...
                    X