X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other softwares for GPS receivers for PC ===>

Hello again,

I bought the HOLUX GM-210-USB GPS Receiver,

I'd like to ask for free softwares that I can use with the GPS receiver on my PC.

I heard about possibility to hear radio channels from all over the world using the GPS..... for example....

thanks for replying,
    Avner Richard
    צילום מוצרים, צילום תכשיטים וצילום תדמית

Originally posted by Avner
    Hello again,

I heard about possibility to hear radio channels from all over the world using the GPS..... for example....
    Heh! That must have been the guy selling sand to the Arabs!

Works out your location, speed, heading, etc. with appropiate software but that's about all
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
      Heh! That must have been the guy selling sand to the Arabs!

Works out your location, speed, heading, etc. with appropiate software but that's about all

are you sure ? no other possibilities at all ?!

what free software do you recommend for navigation ? this GPS comes with no software...

Thanks.....

Comment

www.gpss.co.uk gives free licenses to individuals, you need to add your own maps though.

http://www.destinator1.com/products.emb Destinator supports street level mapping in Israel
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Oh forgot to mention that the Holux web site has a fair bit of test software and protocol manuals on their website if you want to develop you own software

Comment

thanks,

I dont think I will buy the destinator...

I dont really understand how does the gpss works, but I will see when Ill connect the GPS.
            Does it supports USB GPS ???

Avner

Comment

the usb gps will probably show itself as a serial port. GPSS is a pain to use, it doesn't support vector maps (used for navigation and finding addresses) it just shows your position on a map. You need to get 800x600 or 640x480 map pictures and know the lat/long of the bottom left and top right corners of the map.

I'm currently trying to make some maps to test with it and it seems long winded but quite straightforward (once you've worked out the instructions!)

Comment

Working...
              X