GPS info displayed on 4x20LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS info displayed on 4x20LCD

Are there any GPS programs or plugins which would display GPS info on a 4 line by 20 char parallel LCD display?

Originally posted by MSUC5Vette
    Are there any GPS programs or plugins which would display GPS info on a 4 line by 20 char parallel LCD display?
    Although the answer is no, not that I know of I think the question needs more detail. It wouldn't be hard to display heading, direction, altitude and lat/lon but I'd question how useful that really is. A couple o fus tried to do something like this using the Destinator SDK to indicate the next turn and how far away it is but they don't really make that info available.

So... basic GPS info... shouldn't be hard. Useful routing info... difficult. Someone here is writing a MapPoint extension to do better routing, in theory that could be enhanced with an LCD output I guess.

Chrs.

Comment

Originally posted by MSUC5Vette

keep up on centrafuse.... he is going to have lcd support for char lcd displays (might just be in the final release version). search some of my posts in that forum to find out more about it
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Working...
      X