Routis 2004 with Media Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routis 2004 with Media Engine

I'm thinking about buying Routis 2004 but I have heard that it has a pop-up warning window when you start it. I guess it's a warning about using GPS while driving. I want to run this app within Media Engine and wondered if this warning window presents a problem. Does Routis give this warning everytime you run it? Can Media Engine handle this problem without losing "focus" on the Routis app?
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

I also just "got a copy" of Routis 2004. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this GPS software. The main reason why I got a copy was because the Routis 2004 software will run on both my Pocket PC (Dell Axim X5 Advanced) and a regular computer. So while I am using my carputer in my car I can use it normally, and when I am in someone else's car I can use it with my PocketPC.

Anyways, I was also wondering if anyone was using Routis 2004 with MediaEngine or MediaCar.
    COMPLETE: [*********] 100%
    CAR: '02 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally
    SYSTEM: EPIA M10000
    GPS: HaiCOMM 303e GPS, Routis 2004
    DISPLAY: 7" Xenarc 700TSV
    POWER: OPUS PW-70a + ITPS Combo
    MISC: DVD, WLAN

Comment

I'm using it with mediacar but it seems to leave a blank bar at the bottom of the screen. I'm running it embedded.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDragon
        I'm using it with mediacar but it seems to leave a blank bar at the bottom of the screen. I'm running it embedded.
        That is a problem with MediaCar, not Routis. Try configuring notepad.exe as your gps program, and you will have the same bar at the bottom.

BTW Notepad sucks at giving directions

Comment

has anyone been able to run Routis from the main menu? i cant seem to add routis on the <setup menu> on the GPS tab. the only way i can run routis is thru EXTERNAL APPS.

Comment

Anyone know if Routis 04 re-calculates routes? Meaning if you deviate from the route set by Routis does it re-calculate a new route?
            Today was the first time I really used it and it didn't recalculate.
            Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

it shoudl re-calculate automatically.

Comment

I don't know what you are all talking about... I have routis04 running embedded in MediaCar fine with no extra bar on the bottom or anything. Runs perfect.

That pop up is annoying though. It's like yea yea whatever i heard it the first time. I wonder if there is a way to get rid of that.

Just so you guys know i am running routis as the external GPS program with search string *Routis 2004* (i think i am not in the car).

that works for me
                -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Can you post a snapshot? Because, we all seem to get a blank bar right under the routis screen. I'm also running it embedded and have routis in string. But it always has the bar which is not really annoying, but I rather not have it
                  Originally posted by antimatter
                  I don't know what you are all talking about... I have routis04 running embedded in MediaCar fine with no extra bar on the bottom or anything. Runs perfect.

That pop up is annoying though. It's like yea yea whatever i heard it the first time. I wonder if there is a way to get rid of that.

Just so you guys know i am running routis as the external GPS program with search string *Routis 2004* (i think i am not in the car).

that works for me

Comment

Working...
                  X