receiver more sensitive than deluo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receiver more sensitive than deluo?

hey guys...nobody responded to my other thread and i've read about the garmin and ebay receivers. anyway, i just bought my deluo gps receiver and its pretty new, but it refuses to lock inside the car (under front windshield, and i also tried flush against the glass)...it does in certain spots but is never consistent.

i was wondering if there are some more "sensitive" receivers out there as I am getting really frustrated with this.

I drive a 2002 honda accord if that matters at all.

thanks!

i received my deluo usb receiver three days ago and i have it mounted on my dashboard. the usb gps receiver works GREAT!! i was able to lock into 6/8 satallites within seconds. certain area i was able to lock into 8/8, but nothing more than that. you might want to drive around to different location.

Comment

Originally posted by aznblueeboi
      hey guys...nobody responded to my other thread and i've read about the garmin and ebay receivers. anyway, i just bought my deluo gps receiver and its pretty new, but it refuses to lock inside the car (under front windshield, and i also tried flush against the glass)...it does in certain spots but is never consistent.

i was wondering if there are some more "sensitive" receivers out there as I am getting really frustrated with this.

I drive a 2002 honda accord if that matters at all.

thanks!
      are you using thermal reflective film on your car? some cars come pre-laminated.

kao
      CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

huh?

the front windshiled is where my gps is under...but I have no idea if it has that lamination or the metal based glass people talk about...

i mean, its locked before for a while...its just never consistent in its locking (the place on the dash where I put it). the optimal place keeps changing and i can never get a good lock

Comment

I'm having the same issue. I actually tried it outside (not in the car) and it took 10 minutes to lock on to a signal. I then unplugged it and plugged it back in and it took another 10 minutes. You think mine might be defective?

Comment

My Deluo locks at least 4 Sats inside my house, and 9 from the window. Even after being off for a a few weeks it might take 60 seconds to lock the first time back up, but after that it's almost an instant lock.
            Car: 2006 Scion tC (Buying)
            CPU: AOpen Pandora/1.5 Cel M/1GB DDR2/Ipod Vid
            Screen: Lilliput 7"
            Power: Carnetix 1900
            GPS: Deluo GPS
            Software: nLiteXP, RR, IG, PhoCo
            XM: XM Direct
            http://www.chrispuckett.com/mp3car/

Comment

just went home and tested it with the laptop with the recevier right under my windshield and it locks instantly...i guess my other house that im renting (for college) has me parked in a bad location...

im going to try finding a more open spot...

Comment

its probably location. some ppl say they can lock into satellites within seconds in there house and some, like myself cant lock into any satallites at home. the best place is to put your satelite receiver on the top of your car or dash board. drive around if you have to.

i think what ptk was trying to say is that some glasses are laminated with a tint. like some of the new luxary cars that has a blue or green tint that block your gps receiver.

Comment

I had the same problem with my Earthmate on my dash. I tried my Garmin hand held in the same position to compare the 2. It didn’t work well ether and it always had in the past. I turned off the car computer and watched my satellite screen lock on 5 more satellites. It looks like my Epia 600 was interfering with its reception. Mounting the Earthmate on the roof solved the problem (inside a marker light for water proofing)
                  I have since replaced the Earthmate with a Deluo because the Earthmate wouldn’t work with Routis, it locks in seconds and I love the Routis.

Comment

I'm using a device from the Garmin GPS16 series, bolted on the roof (to prevent theft)... works like a champ
                    I don't need no stinkin' startup-shutdown controller... That's what journalized filesystems are for...
                    NavSys, the ultimate navigation app
                    http://www.navsys.org/

Comment

Working...
                    X