Copilot Live Laptop 7 hacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copilot Live Laptop 7 hacks

I decided to start this thread because this software has a huge capability for customization.

Thanks to a head start from KUO I have been playing with many settings using Resource Hacker (Reshacker.exe).

Kuo was trying to simply make the map bigger.

I am trying to make the whole thing fit on a 640x480 screen.

I will post some screen shots etc tonight.

So far so good, I will warn you, I have had to resort to using graph paper and going step by step through the code...luckily it isn't difficult to understand.
    current projects

Originally posted by DodgeCummins
    I decided to start this thread because this software has a huge capability for customization.

Thanks to a head start from KUO I have been playing with many settings using Resource Hacker (Reshacker.exe).

Kuo was trying to simply make the map bigger.

I am trying to make the whole thing fit on a 640x480 screen.

I will post some screen shots etc tonight.

So far so good, I will warn you, I have had to resort to using graph paper and going step by step through the code...luckily it isn't difficult to understand.
    YES YES YES!!
    I've wanted to use LIVE but since the quit button would get cut off in 640X480 I figured I'd stick with 2003! OH you are getting me excited!!! OH OHOHOHOHOH!!!
    BossTone74

Comment

Here is a hint.

RCData...TGuidanceForm...

Within here are a BUNCH of settings. KUO sent me some, but there are many more.

Essentially, that GPS screen has a bunch of small areas within it that are defined in various places within those settings.

The good news is it is easy to change the settings, the bad news is that all the settings have to fit together, or else you lose some things.

I just got some graph paper to lay out their settings, so I can see what settings I need to change.
      current projects

Comment

Keep it up, I would love to be able to use my live 7. I too run at 640 X 480 and don;t use it because of that. Will this be something even a Neobarb can do?
        Stop Buying New Music CD's.
        Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Original 640x480

current projects

Comment

A modified 640x480

You can see some of the graphics that I have resized. For example the Copilot logo is almost gone, and those buttons at the bottom are tiny now.

Obviously I want to shrink that menu to the right...and I had it shrunk, but I changed a setting and lost it...

Still working at it.
            current projects

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I have had some interesting findings.

All of those Icons and the background colors etc, are in the bitmaps folder.

I am now playing with resizing them...

No where near done, but it is intereting going.
                current projects

Comment

I'm working on a similar "project" right now, but I try to change the looks instead of the layout. I have managed to change almost the entire interface to a black background by editing the bmp's and using resource hacker.

The only thing I couldn't find out is how to modify the captions for the buttons. What I mean is ... when I edit the button background bmp's (the yellow and gray ones) to something else, the button captions are still displayed with the gray and yellow background color.

Understand what I mean? Any idea where I could find the settings (or image data?) to modify the button captions?

Thanks

Comment

How are you guys doing this.

Do you think it would be possible to get this thing to display correctly in say mediacar.

Copilot 7 takes up the whole screen so you cant switch back and forth between mediacar and copilot.

I guess if we could atleast size the window it would work or atleast make it so copilot is running within a window instead of full screen
                    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                      How are you guys doing this.

Do you think it would be possible to get this thing to display correctly in say mediacar.

Copilot 7 takes up the whole screen so you cant switch back and forth between mediacar and copilot.

I guess if we could atleast size the window it would work or atleast make it so copilot is running within a window instead of full screen
                      There is an option under copilot 7 to always show the task bar. Makes switching between apps easier.
                      Don't Fear The Gurkey
                      Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

I tried that but it didn;t seem to do anything. I will try that option again and see what happened. Though it isn't the slickest soulution i think it will have to do for now.

Comment

I believe it would be possible to display just the map...if you had a way to interpret the calls required...

It seems the guidance page is an xml (or) VB type overlay. It uses the bitmaps in the bitmap folder for SOME of the icons etc.

However it also uses some imbedded bitmaps within that same section of code previously mentioned.

So right now I am trying to figure out how to view those bitmaps, then edit them. If I can view them (assemble/disassemble) then I can change them.

Basically half the backgrounds are bitmaps, and the other half are encoded...almost looks sloppy, but I am sure there is a reason.

Can anybody out there direct me to a program that will reassemble bitmaps from the code? (hex)?
                          current projects

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                            I tried that but it didn;t seem to do anything. I will try that option again and see what happened. Though it isn't the slickest soulution i think it will have to do for now.
                            antimatter,

Have my Mediacar screens designed at 800x570. That leaves my task bar showing and I can keep mediacar running while I use the system for other things.

Batman
                            Attached Files
                            [email protected]
                            www.samshomepage.net

Comment

That will definatly work but i am trying to stwy away from having to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X