Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS receiver noise

Hi,
    Ive noticed that my Navman GPS receiver makes noise whenever i try to track my position. Its a high pitched noise, but not noticeable when radio is on. I have it powered straight from opus b/c everytime i wanted to use it i had to restart the system (im using hibernation) or it wouldnt work.
    I know its not a software issue since it happens with MS streets&maps and original software that gps came with.

Any ideas, maybe i shoud get a relay instead of feeding it straight from the opus?
    Danny.

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
    My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

I figured that it wasnt gps itself making noise (humming, alternator-alike ).
    Since i had chance to use usb hub to power all my devices, i left gps in one of the remaining usb slots in Epia (one for hub, one for gps)...and it came out to be gps related still. Every time I try to activate gps, that high pitched noise comes back from...usb hub now!...could grounding it solve the problem?
    Danny.

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
    My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

Comment

Working...
    X