Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Routis & Street Atlas together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Routis & Street Atlas together?

I have SA and an Earthmate GPS puck, and am sending off my old copy of SA for a competative upgrade to CoPilot 7. Can I run both software at the same time, both using the Earthmate puck? I expect I'll have to install the Earthmate 3rd party software drivers (http://www.delorme.com/support/gps/uemate005.asp) but will SA still work OK?

Anyone else doing this?
    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

First the disclaimer: If you send Sa in for a competative upgrade, you very likely are no longer legally entitled to posess a copy on you computer.

No, I haven't done this but it should work fine. The Earthmate USB can 'act' like a serial device with the appropriate Delorme drivers OR via a direct serial cable which you can buy or make yourself. In either case, it should work with any NMEA mapping package. If you want to both programs simultaneously, then you'll need to route the NMEA stream to two COM ports. Again, you can do this with a cable or with a COM port multiplexer / virtualizer software. Search the forums, it's been discussed several times.

Good luck.
    2004 4runner

Comment

I think I did it once. Run SA as normal usb receiver and routis thru one of the COM port that the Earthmate driver installed on your computer.

This setup sure will work.
      - Install and run Xport (search the forum for it.)
      - Run SA with virtual COM that Earthmate driver created.
      - Configure Xport to have the "real" COM port on the one that Earthmate created and some virtual COM ports created by Xport.
      - Run Routis with one of the virtual port that Xport created.

Note. Xport has problem with hibernation. Some members run GPSgate instead of Xport.

BTW I think the upgrade is for Copilot Laptop 7 not Routis.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Fair disclaimer, I phrased it badly. I have TWO copies of SA, 2004 and and older version (2002?). I'll be sending the old version in and keeping the new one.

Quite right, CoPilot not Routis.

Thanks, I'll send off & give it a try.
        EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
        Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
        XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

GPSGate

Look for this software called gpsgate. I run copilot and routis together, works fine. It reads data on com 3, or whatever you use then you create virtual comports and set each program to use these. Works good and it is cheap.

Luis
          Epia M1000, two 80 GB Hard Drives, Lilliput 7" TS, 512 MB DDR, 300 Watt Power Inverter with Relay, Wireless USB Adapter. Routis 2004, Copilot 2003, Rayming TN-200 USB GPS in a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Working...
          X